You're Joking, Right?

Sierra POV:

That afternoon, I spent about 3 hours late at work. Everyone else had already left and I was enjoying the silence, before I was ridden to return home.

I thought about going back to Sade's instead of going back home, but I went against it. I'd been putting so much weight on her and her Hayden.

Hayden was her fiancé. He was a really cool dude, and you could see how much he loved her when he looked at her. They got engaged about 4 months ago, and they've been at their peak.

I felt bad that I was just running to my sister when the slightest inconvenience happened in my life. I hated it. I was burdening her with all my problems.

I'm the big sister, it should be the other way around.

After a while of drowning myself in my thoughts, I was ready to leave, so I finally got up and began cleaning up my office, as I hadn't done so since my outburst after lunch.

A few minutes later, I was in my car, and I was heading back to the hell pit I called home.

~

Walking through the door, I was met with almost complete silence. It was broken by some unknown muffled sounds, coming from upstairs.

As I mustered up the courage, I took off my heels and put my hair up in a bun. I began my slow ascent of the staircase, the muffled sounds getting louder and louder. Nearing the door, I heard the same giggles I'd heard last Saturday.

I felt my breath catch in my throat, as I placed my hand on the door. That laugh. The sound of Mia's laughter was drowned out by the other, as I played it, over and over in my mind, until I couldn't bear it anymore.

I began to hyperventilate, I felt my legs take me back. Back down the stairs, and to the wine cabinet. I pulled out a glass and popped the bottle, not caring whether or not they heard me. I filled the glass to the brim and began to drink.

I was halfway through, when I heard faint footsteps coming my way, which I completely ignored.

"Sierra?" Mia said, making me turn to her. "What are you doing here? I thought you were at work until 5?"

"It's 8" I retorted, taking another swig from my glass. Her eyes widened as she walked down the stairs completely. Her expression changed totally when she saw the glass and the bottle.

"So you're just gonna drink? You're not gonna address what happened today?" she chuckled, folding her arms. "You really are useless"

Her last sentence struck a nerve in me.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I said, my voice laced with agitation.

"It means, that you're a little egg that does nothing but cry to her little sister. No wonder Rhea cheated on you" she retorted, her voice raised.

At the mention of my ex girlfriend's name, I stood up to face her fully. This was a new low.

Mia saw me after Rhea left. She saw the broken pieces I was left with, forced to call it my heart.

She knows what she just said. She knows how deeply that aches. And she still said it.

"You know what. Since I'm such an egg, that you have to take care of, I'll go. I'll go and I won't come back. Have back your ring. I'll be out of your hair and you won't have to see me ever again. Happy?" I ask, heading to the stairs.

"What? No baby that's not what I'm saying" she responds, following me.

"Really? That's what it sounds like to me. It sounds like I'm such a burden, you can't even stay loyal to me. Yeah, I know you're cheating on me. And yet you have the audacity, to accuse me of what you're doing? You're ridiculous" I say, stood at the foot of the stairs.

"Sierra wait, we can talk about this, please" she begs, skipping a few steps so that shes above me.

Scoffing and walking past her straight, I fling the door open to be met with the one person I thought I'd never see again.

As her eyes remained on her phone, she began to speak.

"Babe what's-" her words died on her lips as she looked up, and her eyes fell on me.

"Oh....I see what's happening. You wanna pull up on me and falsely accuse me, while you're on a date with your fuck toy?" I ask, infuriated by the realization. "And you have the audacity to cheat on me with the same woman who destroyed me? Who betrayed the hell out of me, because of a stupid fight?" I rant, my voice fully raised, tears rolling down my cheeks.

"You know what fuck you Mia. I'm done. Done. Done with you and your bullshit" I scream, walking into the closet and getting my things.

"Sierra please, you're being dramatic babe" she pleads latching onto my arm.

"Dramatic? I'm being dramatic? Oh, well I'm sorry, I should totally be cool with my fiancé fucking the girl, who completely tarnished, my sense of self, IN MY BED. RIGHT?" I yell, pushing her off of me.

"Here's your fucking ring. Don't call me, don't text, never contact me again. I never want to see you" I say, throwing the ring back at her.

"And you" I begin, turning to Rhea "You are an incompetent, little piece of shit, for treating me the way you did. You took my heart, you threw it on the ground, and stamped all over it before piercing it with the blade of your tongue. I hope you're happy with how you've left me."

I turn to Mia, one final time.

"I'll be back tomorrow afternoon for my things. You can keep the house" I finish before storming off back to my car.

A/N: TA fun fact- Sierra's company is a law firm, meaning she's a certified lawyer.