Let Me

Sierra POV:

Its been a week and a half since I broke it off with Mia. I haven't been back at the house yet, I couldn't bring myself to.
I haven't gone to Sade's either. I was moved back into my house that I lived in before I moved in with Mia. We bought that house together and had been living there for about 7 months.
Things at the office haven't been hectic, work wise. As for things with Kristen.......not so much. We've been in an extremely weird place. It feels like one moment, we're chatting one another's ears off, then we're sitting submerged in complete silence. And there's not a moment when I'm alone I have my mind to myself. I can barely get through 5 minutes without Kristen coming to my mind.

I've only known this woman for barely over a week, and she keeps invading my thoughts. Am I complaining about it? Oh fuck no. Kristen was an amazing woman, she was beautiful and Lord, was she fun to be around. I met her daughter, April, last week, and that little girl was her mother in print. From her features, to her attitude, to the way she walked. Everything about her screamed Kristen. And she was so cute..........just like her momma.

I was sat in my office, attempting to focus on the paperwork in front of me, but once again failed. A tiny knock came from the door, and instead of saying come in, I opened it myself. Opening it, a tiny body comes running in, and hides behind my leg.

"April, where the hell are you?" I heard from outside.

Looking down and back outside, I see an extremely infuriated Kristen standing there.

Picking up April in my arms, I take her outside, making her hide her face in the crook of my neck and hold onto me tightly.

"This April?" I ask jokingly, tapping Kris' shoulder.

"Oh my God" Kristen said as she jumped, clearly startled. "Don't sneak up on me Sierra"

"Sorry, sorry" I chuckled. "So I'll take it this isn't the April you're looking for?"

And with that she lightly hit my shoulder, before taking April from my arms.

After she took her back, we stood there for a moment. Then another, then another, and another. Here comes the awkward moment.

"Uhm so....." I started, breaking the silence.

"So...." Kristen chuckled, smiling weirdly.

I stood there, smiled back lightly and looked into her eyes. That smile crept back onto my face and I saw as her cheeks heated up and she flushed a bright red. My smile grew wider at this, leading her to begin to back away.

Just as quickly as she turned away, I pulled her back to me. Peering deep into her eyes, I brushed back a stray strand of her hair. Just then April shifted in her arms, making us both break away from the contact. I completely forgot that kid was there.

"Do you wanna go for lunch with me?" I asked.

"Well, I would but" Kris said, gesturing to April.

"Oh....I was asking April, but you can come too" I replied, making April burst into giggles.

With a wide smile on her face, Kris turned away and began walking back to her office, but not before nodding 'yes' to me, from over her shoulder. Walking back to my office, the biggest smile plastered on my face, I wait till the door is closed and do a little dance before heading back to my desk.

~

When lunch time came around, I took Kris and April to a small restaurant down the street. It wasn't anything too fancy or expensive, just a nice little place with rather ravishing food.