Chapter II: Blast from the Past

Our graduation went on smoothly. After Raf’s speech, the ceremony continued with the giving of diploma until the tradition of tossing our cap in the air, I didn’t even bother catching my cap as my mind was still floating after what Raf said a while back.

When the ceremony ended, FINALLY!, I stood stiffly at the far end of the gym near the entrance with my parents while I waited for Raf who is currently busy posing for the cameras with some of our classmates, his friends, and the slutty girls that doesn’t seem to mind not hiding their flirtatious smiles when they’re around Raf. (bleh! As if he’ll notice you..)

I know, I look like a jealous girlfriend but I also wanted to take a picture with him. I really don’t have close friends aside from Raf because well, I’m not really into chatting. If Raf didn’t make the first move in talking to me in the first day of school, he wouldn’t be called my best friend now. Thank you twenty dollar bill!...

“Mom! I can’t do this” looking at the entrance of the Eleanor Roosevelt High School where tons of freshmen students chatting and laughing. Just merely staring at them makes me like an alien from a different planet.

I look at my mom whom I got mostly of my features. Red hair, slightly pale skin and pale blue eyes but she has more mature facial features than mine. I always thought that she is pretty but I never thought of that to myself even when almost all the people tell me that I really look like her.

“Can I just be home schooled? Or better yet, can I just stop studying and be a ramp model?” Ramp model? Where did that come from?

Mom gave me an amused and disapproving look,

“Silly girl” I think so too. “You can’t be home schooled because we’re not that rich honey and you can’t be a ramp model since that will even be more nerve racking, you’d be the center of attention.”

Oh. Right. Good point mom.

“High school will be the greatest time of your life, trust me.” She continued smiling reassuringly. “Now go! Before the bell rings” slightly pushing me.

I groaned but still got out of the car cautiously. Mom leaned at the passenger seat and peeked at the window. “Good luck scar. Have fun! And please make friends.” She said like I’m an anti-social person. Maybe I am.

Yeah. You are.

Why do you always negate me?

I’m not negating, I’m agreeing.. haha

Very funny.

I heard mom started the engine and left. I stared at the car until it disappeared in my vision. I was left alone standing awkwardly then I stared at the other students. I inhaled deeply then started walking slowly, head bend down so as not to make a scene.

Walking in the hallways is even harder than I thought with these flock of students but I managed to find my locker not being tripped or thrown any crumpled paper or gooey stuff. I think I should stop watching glee. It makes me more paranoid.

After placing my books inside my locker, I heard three girls giggling as they walked past me.

“Oh god! He is so cute!”

“I hope he’ll be in one of our class”

“Or better yet, in all of our class”

“Dibs! He’s mine”

The two girls groaned. “You always do that Stacy. That’s unfair!”