Chapter XVI: Expectedly Unexpected

Read away amazing human beings! :D

***

“Not now karmiy”

“That’s the hundred and forty seventh times you said that to me Raf” I said irritatingly

Gazing up to face me, Raf spoke, “You counted?”

“NO! I’m just kidding Raf. Gosh! And now you’re no fun” I grumbled plopping myself on Raf’s bed, frustrated as ever!

Raf rolled his eyes, “I told you karmiy, not now” He looked back at his book, reading… again.

Another week had passed after our encounter with Raf’s dad. Raf changed a lot after that. He became too serious especially in his studies. He detached himself to everyone, including me. We still hang out after classes but it’s not like before. He hardly ever laugh or jokes around or even smile his smile I’ve always love.

He said he wanted to focus on his studies ‘cause that’s what his father wants. Yes, I heard it when his dad told him that but c’mon, Raf is a genius. He doesn’t need to study every minute of his life for him to top his classes. I know there’s a deeper reason why his dad told him that and I wanted to know what it was but Raf is so difficult to talk to. He doesn’t want me to meddle with his family problems.

I know he’s depress and a lot of things is happening in his life right now. That is why I want to help him. I want to comfort him and be his shoulder to cry on. But Raf is so…

“Argh!” I shrieked as I pulled my hair. Raf jumped from his seat, obviously surprised by me.

“What the hell karmiy?! Are you trying to give me a heart attack?” Raf snarled holding his chest.

I huffed, “What the hell to you too Mister! I’ve been trying to tell you to stop studying for the last two hours! It’s a freakin’ Saturday for God’s sake! Take a break for a while Raf, please!” I ranted, out of breath.

Whoa! Where did I get that confidence to shout at Raf?

I sounded like his mother.

More like a bad influence friend, at least he’s studying.

Stop— Am I a bad influence?

“And I’ve been trying to tell you to stop disturbing me for the last seven days! Why are you so pushy?!Can’t you see I’m studying?! I told you NOT. NOW. What are you… A deaf? An animal who can’t understand anything? Or just plain stupid?!”

Whoa. Low blow.

That actually hurt. A lot!

I blinked repeatedly at Raf while he looked surprised by his own outburst. He stepped forward towards me…

“Look karmiy—”

“No! Don’t explain yourself Raf. I totally get it” I raised my chin up, inhaling deeply to prevent myself from crying, “I-i… I need to go. I forgot, Elina texted and wanted me to… to go w-with her to the… the… t-the mall” I stammered trying to make a lie.

I hurriedly got my purse and phone from Raf’s bed and walked towards the door while he was staring stupidly at me like he don’t know what to do. I walked at their living room and to the entrance door.

“Karmiy wait!” I stopped walking and turned to look at Raf as he emerged from his room,“I’m sorry—”

“No Raf, don’t” I immediately cut him as I shook my head, He also stopped walking looking really worried, “I’ll get going. Just… just continue reading and surely, you’ll top your classes… your dad wanted that, isn’t it?” I mocked then turned to the door once again but as I held the door knob, I snapped my head to look back at Raf…