Chapter III: Why you so flirt?

Picture of Rafael on the side. Enjoy! :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"E-excuse me. I-I'll just go to the rest room."

I walked straight in the girls' CR at the left corner, hurriedly closing the door then...

I screamed.

"AaaaaahhhhhhhhHHHHhhhh!!!!!!"

Raf is gay. He is gay. He is gay. He is gay. He is-

"SCARLET! Are you okay?" Raf's voice from the other side of the door broke my self-misery.

"Yup." Poking my head at the door. "I'm totally fine!" smiling widely.

Too obvious scarlet.

Argh. I know.

Wow! You actually agreed. That's a first.

And will be the last.

Raf chuckled lightly. "Did you just scream?"

"So you're really gay?" I really don't want to let go of the issue, maybe he's just joking. He just laughed at my question.

"Okay. So you're gay.." Pausing for a dramatic effect. "But why?" I asked trying to sound casual but it turned to be like, him being gay is a horrible thing. "I-i mean.. I mean.. are you sure?"

Raf's face turned serious, "Why? Is there a problem being a gay?"

Ow. Wrong move scarlet.

"No. I have nothing against gays, and I think gays are very fun to be with because they're funny and jolly but.. ahm.. This is high school and some people here are quite harsh and close-minded. They might not accept you and.. and.. they might hurt you and.. and-"

I stopped after realizing I'm blabbering and I really don't know if I'm making sense.

He suddenly smiled sweetly and held my hand. I felt an electricity run inside me with his mere touch.

"Hey" He said softly squeezing my hand. "Don't worry. I'll be fine. I can take care of myself and trust me, no one will try to hurt me or even hurt you. And I thinkナ people will 'like' me." He finished emphasizing the word 'like' like it has double meaning behind it.

True to his words.

In our four years of high school. No one ever tried to hurt Raf and me. He was easily accepted by almost everyone, especially the girls (Now I know why Raf emphasized the word 'like'). But all of them were disappointed and furious (like me) when they've found out that Raf is gay. Other girls even tried to make Raf a straight guy but they easily failed. Some girls just tried to befriend him so they can flirt him and Raf is really friendly that's why he let those girls flirt all they want but he never showed any interest.. at all.

He just focused on his studies and joined almost all the clubs and activities in school which made him known and became popular all over the campus. It also earned him to be our class valedictorian (Straight A's dude!).

He was named the unreachable gay god because they know they can never have him (or shall I say 'we' can never him). The ones who tried to bully him easily backed down and got intimidated when Raf used high-falluting words on them.. with confidence of course! Their noses bled, literally! Hahaha.

As for me, people knew me as the best friend of the famous, good-looking gay in school. Some girls hated me because they thought of me as a threat. As if I'll try to seduce Raf. I did made friends with some of my classmates but that does it. I still am a less talk person except when I'm with Raf. He just makes me talk more because he's ten times more talkative. We never ran out of stories. We're inseparable ever since the first day of high school.