Chapter XXX: Merry Drunken Christmas

14,000+ read! Awesome! Thank you oh so much! I hope my votes and comments also gets higher but still... a big THANK YOU!

It's Christmas in my story so I will greet you all an Advance Merry Christmas!

read away darlings! The chapter is loooooooooong! :D

***

“Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas!”

Voices buzzing all around the room, you can hear people carolling outside the busy streets of New York, smell of mouth-watering cakes, pastries and all other food cooked by mom wafting all over the place making my stomach rumble and the chilly breeze of winter filled the night a great sense of joy, not just to me, but to everyone enjoying their holidays with their love ones.

I roamed my eyes around the house packed with people dearly close to us. I can’t keep my smile tugging its way on my lips seeing them once again. It’s been three months since I’ve been here, back in the safe haven of our home, but it felt like a long time ago.

Dad was in his usual Santa Claus suit, walking around the living room, dining area and even outside the porch where other people situated their selves. He was singing like an old man and giving presents to everyone. I can’t help but giggle when he went to me giving me my present then swiftly placed a chaste kiss on my forehead.

“Merry Christmas darling. We missed you so much” He gave me a warm smile, gently patting the side of my head

Oh how I’ve miss them too.

I smiled back at him, inhaling deeply to halt my eyes from tearing up, “I miss you too dad” I responded softly

He just winked at me with his fatherly smile never leaving his face then preceded back in giving gifts. I bent my head down, staring at the rectangular box on my lap. Since I was a kid, I’ve always loved to open presents during the holiday season especially when it’s given by my parents, Ruby and... him.

Slapping my self mentally, I pressed the thoughts at the back of my mind. Excitement filled me once more like a kid as I open the present dad gave me. I had that beaming smile when I saw what’s inside the box. It’s a dark blue shirt dress. It’s very lovely but I’m still thinking if when will I ever use it since I’m not a dress-type girl.

I searched for dad and saw him peering at me. I mouthed a thank you and he gave me a you’re-welcome-darling look. Aww, he’s such a sweet dad and I love him so much.

A warm laugh erupted in the room which I know so much to whom coming from. I peeked at the dining area and saw mom busying herself on the table with overflowing of food that she cooked. She gave me a pensive look then back in preparing the table and chatting with my aunt and some of her co-workers. I miss this so much. Being able to see and be with my family and just have fun.

I sighed inwardly.

Many things have happened which made me look more broadly in my life and felt like I’ve aged, not literally, but in a greater sense of maturity.

Yes, I’ve matured.

But I’m still me except for the fact that he’s not with me.

I’m not gonna deny it. Crap! But I was quite expecting that I’ll see him today. The last time I saw him was when we were at the airport. I wasn’t talking to him especially when one of my most embarrassing and stupid moments happened. He didn’t tease me after that, thinking that maybe I was mad but frankly I’m not. I was humiliated for God’s sake! But he respected my silence until we parted at the airport when mom and dad came and his mom came fetching us.

A smile creep on my lips remembering the picture I took. I didn’t delete it and probably won’t do it. It will be my last remembrance of him.

I sighed once more. In the last four years, he and I would always be together at this time, laughing at our own jokes, teasing each other, making comments to everyone in the room or just stays in a complete comfortable silence. But it’s all changed now. And the bitter reality now is, I’m alone sitting at the couch. Looking from left to right, observing other people or sometimes gives a polite smile when one approaches me.