Chapter XXXIV: Unlikely Classmate

'Why do birds suddenly appear, everytime you are near? Just like me they long to be, close to you...'

I suddenly feel the need to sing 'coz LOVE is in the air. Don't bother my craziness.

anyhow, another chapter...I hope you enjoy reading. ^_^ Vote and Comment please.

Thank you dawg! :D

***

“See you later Scarlet” Elina beamed as we made our separate ways for our first class on the first day of second semester. I waved back at her and gave a small smile as I walked on the opposite direction.

Walking leisurely towards the room for my first class, a sigh escaped my lips when I remembered the events that had happened yesterday. Raf is so confusing and it’s so frustrating as I over think the words he had said and replay it inside my head. Still, I can’t figure what he said. I even gave up last night thinking about it and here I am again, thinking about it and about him. I cursed myself for doing this to myself.

Here I am, thinking about him when I made it clear that I should stop it and forget everything about him.

Yeah, I should probably do that. No Raf inside my head. Stop thinking about him!

With that final thought in mind, I realized I walked past the room where my first class will be held. Oops.

As expected, I saw few students inside the room when I stood at the door, since I deliberately woke up early to come early in class. Some were talking, some doing their own business, and some were even sleeping.

I didn’t see any familiar faces since I just started to pick my minor that will benefit my journalism major and my type of job I’d wanted to have when I finish Uni.

Oh well. I just shrugged lightly and hung my head, feeling some stares from the class. I started to walk towards the back like always, to keep low key profile. I quickly took a book out of my bag then started reading to kill time for the others to arrive and for the class to start.

I didn’t have to look up to know that the class was already filled with students as the noise turned louder. I busied myself reading, silently thankful that no one bothered to interrupt and sit beside me.

But luck was really not on my side when a pair of converse shoes appeared on my vision. So much for staying alone. Tsk. I didn’t bother to look up but saw on my peripheral vision that the person did really sat beside me. I silently groaned when I realized it was a guy. I let my hair fall down my shoulders to cover my face from the guy letting him take the hint that I don’t want to have any conversation with him.

I tried reading again but felt someone was staring at me. I raised my head up and I wasn’t right… it’s not someone, there are a lot of them and most of them were girls. Why were they staring? My eyebrows furrowed with bewilderment and annoyance.

Dude! I’m also a girl. I would love to say that.

Then I remembered, oh right. They’re not staring at me, they’re probably staring at the guy… beside me.

Involuntarily, my heart beat sped up. I tried to breathe normally. No, I’m wrong. That’s impossible. There are a lot guys in this University. But this inkling feeling was too evident to deny.

No! It’s not… him.

But my eyes widened when the guy beside me began to speak, “I’m sure you’re used to girls staring at me” Oh. My. God. Noooo!

My head snapped quickly on my right side then I winced as I felt pain on my neck from doing it but it was instantly gone when I stared at the most beautiful cerulean eyes. The eyes I’ve always love.