Kittens [ Scaramouche x Reader ]

.

Modern AU!
.

Music filled your head as you plugged your ears with your (f/c) earphones.
Walking quietly to your school, your mind began to wonder.

You were trying to figure out the game puzzle in the Watatsumi Island, replaying the moments of you failing to move the correct cube when a small meow stopped you.
You looked around, wondering where it came from.

You spotted a black kitten with a limping leg, meowing at you.
Squatting, you petted its head as you checked the leg.

The kitten meow in pain, you felt sorry but your class were going to start in a few minutes.
You were trying to decide if it's a good option to skip school when a navy haired boy scooped up the kitten.

"Eh-,"

"What? Shut up, she's hurt so I'm taking her to the vet, it's not like you can do it,"

He pointed at your uniform, before pulling the hood of his hoodie and walked away with the wounded kitten.
You were left there, speechless.

~~~

Rain poured down, creating the perfect atmosphere to sat alone and enjoyed the music.

You tapped your fingers on the table, your mind flew to the boy and the kitten this morning.
The sound of heels clacking against the ceramic floor made you turn your head, looking at the teacher.

"Students, we have an addition to our class today. But it seems that he's not here yet,"

You couldn't care less about what the teacher said, you kept on thinking about the navy haired boy.

Suddenly, the class door was flung open.
A boy with hair wet by the rain walked it, a warm smile plastered on his face.

The teacher talked more, but you didn't even bother to look.
You're too deep inside your thoughts.

The chair beside you was pulled, and this time, it caught your attention.
You tilted your head in confusion.

The new student, a boy with wet navy hair, was the boy who helped the little kitten this morning.
He turned his head and smiled widely and you.

"Hey, nice to meet you. I'm Scaramouche, you are?,"

"... You were the one who picked up the kitten?,"

His eyes darkened, looking away from you.

"Tch, you remembered... ,"

You blinked your eyes, not understanding why he acted so differently.
You decided to just brush it off and went back to minding your own business.

~~~

You took the box of strawberry milk that rolled out from the vending machine.
Stabbing the straw in, you turned back just to meet Scaramouche in the eye.

"Keep your mouth shut about what happened this morning...,"

"Why? It's not like it's a bad thing,"

"Just...shut up,"

He walked away, you shook your head and sighed, weird boy, you thought.

When you got back to class, someone was sitting on your table.

You smiled at Mona, your friend and asked, "How has your day been?"

She smiled and leaned back, patting at the seat beside her-Scaramouche's seat-and revealing the myriad of black circles drawn by marker on her arm.
She probably was doing her astrologist thing, something that you personally didn't quite understand.

"It has been a long, long day. I have, however, met an... interesting individual."
Her brows furrowed as she says 'interesting'.

"Really?" You sat down next to her, "I met this two-faced guy. He was really rude, but he did save this kitten..."

"I assume that's the new student in your class," Mona stated rather than questioned, "the new student in my class, on the other hand is completely delusional!"

You laughed, "You don't mean cute?"

You'd caught a glimpse of said new student, a girl with an eyepatch and blond hair with Mona earlier and they had seemed to be getting along.

"Well, yeah, she is cute but dear Archons, she kept talking about another world and her raven assistant,"

Mona rolled her eyes as she kept on talking about, Fischl, the new girl.
You saw Scaramouche entering the class, but you continued listening to Mona.

"Tch,"

He kicked his chair, making Mona stumbled in shock.

"Oy, shortass! Learn how to treat a lady, will ya?,"

Oh no, angry Mona, you thought, holding her hand, trying to calm her down.
She shutted her mouth, turning her head towards you and rambled more about astrology.

~~~

Clutching the hood of your jacket, you walked faster.
You hated getting soaked under the rain, but you forgot your umbrella.

You stopped under the canopy of a closed store when you heard another meow from under your leg.
You looked down, a white kitten was trembling in cold.

You slowly scooped it up, taking off your slightly wet hoodie.
Wrapping the small kitten, you tried to find a way to make it to your home without getting the kitten any wetter.

Clicking your tongue, you ran under the rain.

Suddenly, you felt a tug on your arm, and the rain no longer fell onto you.

You looked at Scaramouche, who was holding a clear umbrella and looked at the kitty on your arms.

"I guess cats really do love you...,"

He whispered a bit, dragging you as he went.

"W-where are we going? This poor kitten is very cold,"
You stammered, confused with his attitude.

"Come, let's heat up the kitten in my house, you want to see black kitten from this morning, don't you?"

You walked next to him, the kitten in your arms wiggled slightly.

"Why do you suddenly talk to me?"

He sighed, petting the kitten in your arms,

" I guess I have soft spots for kittens and those who love them,"

•°•°•°•

| huge thanks to my friend who helped me when my brain went blank, CookiesAndDarkness, luv yu |