Coffee for The Both of Us [ Albedo x Reader ]

Modern AU!
.

Quietly, you sat by the window of this peaceful and calming coffee shop.
With a good book in your hand and your favorite song on loop in your Airpods, this was how you were going to spend your weekend.
The scent of coffee and pastries lingered in the room, giving you certain happiness.

Your fingers began to flip over the pages of the book as you sipped the latte you ordered earlier.
Deeply immersed in the story, you paid no attention to your surroundings, the sound of the door being opened fell on deaf ears.

Two hours passed, and you reached the porcelain cup, only to see it empty.
Chuckling to yourself, you left the cup and walked over to the counter, thinking about what drink should you get next.

An ash blonde barista you never met before was standing behind the cashier, his round glasses sitting on his nose.

"Um, excuse me,... I'd like some Mocha, please,"

No response.
The latter was still busy scratching his pencil to the white paper, forgetting that he was supposed to take orders and serve customers.
You inhaled air deeply, before waving your hand in front of his face.

"Hello, anyone there?"

It seemed that he was very startled, as you watched his sketchbook hit the floor.
He cleared his throat and focused on the cashier,

"I'm sorry, can you repeat that?"

Your shoulders shook and a muffled laugh slipped off your lips.
One look and both of you started laughing.

~

"Here you go,"
"Thank you,"

The warmness of the cup crawled to your fingers, a creamy bittersweet taste danced on your tongue.
A smile formed on the barista's face as he took the seat beside you with his own glass of Cappuccino.

"The name's Albedo. And yours?"
"(Y/n), nice to meet you,"

Folding his cream apron in his lap, he took off his glasses and faced you.
It was always a pleasure to see his customers enjoy the drinks he made.
The book you placed on the table caught his attention, my, wasn't this book familiar?

"Hey, are you reading this?"

"Oh, yeah, I do. A lot of people do too, I think,"

Albedo's hands ran over the pages of the book until it reached the last one.
He froze, eyes blinking, the certain signature made with ink made his heart beat faster.
Only one person was supposed to have this signature, and unbelievably, that person was sitting next to him.

"(Y/n), quick question, where do you get this handsign?"

"It was there when I got my book, I assume it was from the artist since the author never held an autograph session,"

"You see,... there's only one book that I ever signed, and that book was supposed to belong to someone,"

"Is that so-, WAIT WHAT?!"

A small chuckle escaped his soft lips, a small nod following after.

"I'm the artist for the book, and you, milady, must be the author,"

"Uh-,"

"Haha, it's futile to hide it, the only book I signed was the first copy and I sent it back to the author, 'Louise' ,"

Dark red shade colored your cheeks as the orange hue of the setting sun shone over the opened book.
Albedo smiled looking at the flustered lady next to him, well, this was an unexpected way to meet.

"So, now that we know each other, what if I treat you to coffee next time? And maybe a thing or two about your next book?".

•°•°•°•

| IM BACCCCCCCC, sorry for being gone for like months-... so sorry... 😥😥 |