Memories of The Past [ Zhongli x Reader ]

.

You closed your eyes, enjoying the wind that slowly blew your hair.
The scent of the Qingxin flower filled your nostrils.

Humming the tune of "Maiden's Longing", you felt more relaxed than ever.
Being Hutao's assistant director was definitely no easy task.
Following her run everywhere, stopping her from creating chaos, sometimes it took more energy than paperwork itself.

You leg hung from the cliff, giving you an unreplaceable satisfaction.
The soft stone you sat on started to warm, somehow making you comfortable.

"Miss (y/n) ?,"

A familiar tone made you looked away from the setting sun, Zhongli standing behind you.
You patted the space next to you, earning a smile from him as he sat.

"Enjoying the view, I see,"

You chuckled, the man next to you was also Hutao's victim.
Accompanying her run here and there if you decided to take a break.

"Say, Zhongli, what brings you here in this fine afternoon?,"

"Ah, I guess the wind guide me here, like how an old friend used to say it,"

You smiled, holding the Anemo Vision on your neck.
It was gifted after you ran away from the Treasure Hoarders, the group who raised you as a child.

Hutao met you, and made you work for her.
It was not easy at first, they used to hunt you, following you and Hutao to Wuwang Hill.

They gave up eventually, leaving you in your new life.
Zhongli woke you up from your chain of memories, touching your shoulder.

"Reminiscing the old times?,"

You nodded.
He sighed,

"Osmanthus wine tastes the same as I remember, but where are those who share the memories?,"

You looked at his sad eyes and your body moved on your own to hug him.
His eyes widen in shock, but hugged you back.

"Losing someone is definitely not the easiest thing, isn't it?,"

You said softly, remembering your lost parents.

"Indeed it is not easy, but new people will come as the old ones go. It is something I learn through experience. And maybe, if I never lost them, I will never met you,"

He caressed your head, giving your a soothing warmth.
You snuggled into him as he smiled gently.

And then, you realized something,

"Wait, Zhongli, if you are here,... who's watching over Hutao?"

....

The both of you laughed while running down the mountain, hoping that Hutao didn't create too much trouble.

•°•°•°•

|ive been wanting to say Zhongli's signature line for a while AND I DID IT NOW |