His Burnt-Out Beauty [ Kaveh x Reader ]

.

Darkness, it was all that you could see.
Your body was too weak to move, though you felt yourself being carried by someone.
Faintly, you heard an argument between two familiar voices.

"Al-Haitham, you can't give her all those works. Can't you see that she's all stressed and burnt out? "

"It seems that you are not seeing this objectively. It's all in her job description and her share of paperworks were the same amount as those with the same position as her,"

"Seriously, there's no way to talk to you properly. It'll be better if you're more human than this,"

"Well, rather than endlessly complaining, I think it will be wiser for you to take her home and make sure that she's...."

You fell unconcious again, leaving the male panickly calling your name.

~
Your eyes began to open, a dim lighted room welcomed you.

"I swear to the Archons, that man needs to give his subordinates proper attention. Can't he see that he's overworking them? Geez..."

Your head was pounding like crazy, body aching, and stomach rumbling.
Finally recognizing the other person in the room, you called his name with the weakest voice you probably ever let out.

"K-Kaveh.."

The talented architect turned to look at you, hurrying to your side.
His hands found its way to your forehead, moving your bangs and checking your temperature.
Slowly, he sat you up and made sure you were comfortable on the bed.

"Are you feeling better now? Don't move too much"

He sighed when you nodded slightly, handing you a glass of warm water.
You began to remember things that happen before you passed out.

You were signing the last report that you needed to write, after all, you didn't finish the 25 Kshahrewar researches funding reports for it to be credited by someone else.
As you placed it on the Acting Grand Sage's table, you felt everything spinning before it went dark.
Though, it was a bit weird how your head didn't hit the ground too hard.

As you were thinking, Kaveh stared at you with a worried look.
Handing you a small cup of thick green substance, he began to talk.

"Tighnari stopped by. He said you passed out because the accumulation of stress, improper eating schedule, and lack of sleep,"

You didn't say a word, letting him continue.

"Good thing Al-Haitham was around when you fell unconscious, he managed to catch you before you fell to the ground. Well, it's not really a good thing... but it is... but... whatever. The point is, you overworked yourself,"

He stared at you intently, demanding a response.
You looked away, embbarrased to have troubled your boyfriend to that extent.
You were never the best at taking care of yourself, especially when there was sl much to get done.

Being the temporary sage of Kshahrewar was a huge responsibility to bear and you couldn't say no when the Acting Grand Sage himself wanted you to be the one to represent your Darshan.
Sure, the job description looked a bit scary but you thought that it wouldn't be too much for you.

"I'm so-"

"Nope, I don't want to hear an apology from you. If anyone should take the blame, it'll be Al-Haitham. That annoying brat had the audacity to choose you, my beautiful spouse, to do his work. He won't get away with that, I tell you,"

A little smile formed on your face, Kaveh always have his own ways to console you.
You leaned your head to him, thanking the Archon for the wonderful man you have been given.

•°•°•°•

| this is cringe... welp anyways i encountered kaveh during al haithams quest and guess what...

i. love. him.

he's so akahdhxjskambxksks

make him my man istg

*ahem

anyways, this is a random oneshot made in 20mins
das why is short and cringe

byebyes, I hope i not go dedge anymore...

for yall sake |