The Training [ Xiao x Reader ]

.

Sitting by the bridge of Mount Aocang, you grumbled.
Cloud Retainer stood far from you, shaking her head.

Ganyu left you very early this morning, leaving you with no one to train with.
As a another mortal student of Cloud Retainer, you couldn't match Ganyu's power or Shenhe's.

You knew it's probably because they have been under her teaching for a very long time, but you were still not satisfied with yourself.
You heard a flap of wings next to you,

"One have watched you since then, and it didn't go unnoticed that you are displeased with Ganyu,"

Sighing, you faced the bird adepti,

"I'm not particularly angry at Ganyu, it's just, I'm not strong, at all. I didn't even know what weapon suits me best..,"

It was true, though.
You tried learning swordsmanship, and it just didn't feel right on you.
Chongyun let you borrow his Skyward Pride, which was too heavy for you.
Ganyu taught you how to use a bow, you weren't so bad at it until you had to learn how to aim.

"Indeed, you have tried so many times. But, one noticed that you haven't tried to use the polearm,"

"Whoa, wait what? Polearm? Like Sister Shenhe?,"

Cloud Retainer nodded.
Honestly, you never taught of learning polearm, since your sister, Shenhe, was able to do so.
You wanted to try something new, so you pursued another fighting style.

"Well,... I guess it's my last option..,"

She gave you a warm gaze before disappearing into her cave and returning with a Lithic Spear.

"One gifted this to you, as one believe that this is your path. A dear friend has been informed for your arrival, he is too, a polearm user and an Anemo Vision bearer. You may seek him in Wangshu Inn, but one cannot guarantee that he will like you,"

You held the spear tightly, the Vision you got swung as you traveled to your next training.

~~~

"Mortal,"

A deep voice called you out as you walked towards the balcony.
You jumped in shock, seeing a male with teal hair and a Primordial Jade Spear.

You gulped, his golden eyes gleamed scarily.
Bowing down, you clutched the Anemo Vision on your chest.
He saw it and crosses his arm, pointing it with his chin.

"How did you get that?,"

You startled, looking up and opening your hand slowly.

"I'm not really sure, one day, when I was collecting herbs for an old lady, a group of electro slimes appeared. I didn't know what to do but then a gust of wind blew them off. Before I could realize, an Anemo Vision was inside my herb basket,"

You talked very excitedly, not even realizing the soft wind swirling around you.
Xiao looked in amazement, never have he met a mortal this talkative, but of course, Paimon was still the one to give him headaches.

You noticed him staring you,

"O-oh, sorry...I talk to much,"

"It's alright. (y/n), prepare yourself, our training will begin soon,"

"A-alright, Master Alatus..,"

"Just call me Xiao,".

~~~

Weeks passed.
You managed to master the polearm pretty well.
Xiao was not the most patient teacher, but he taught you pretty well.

The only problem is,
You were not able to sync your Anemo powers with your fighting style.
Xiao told you to take it easy, as it would come to you by itself as long as you trained.

~ ~

"This isn't working..is it?,"

You picked up the dropped materials of the vanishing hilichurls you just fought.
Putting them inside your bag, you continued to walk around the Guyun Stone Forest.

As you reached the top of the mountain, you exhaled the fresh air.
Leave flew past you, carried by the wind to somewhere.

Seeing them made you felt like so, the feeling of gliding through the air.
Your glider was ready and you jumped off the tall cliff.

The wind blew your hair slightly as you looked up to see the clear blue sky.

A pyro abyss mage noticed you and laughed mischievously.
He teleported right in front of you, burning your glider.

"Mwahahhaha, suffer the wrath of the abyss,"

You shrieked, falling from the sky.

"X-xiao!,"

You called out his name in panic and closed your eyes, ready to meet your fate.

'Is this how all of this will end? I haven't even manage to control my powers. I haven't said my thanks to Cloud Retainer. I want to meet Ganyu and Sister Shenhe for the last time'
Your thoughts scrambled in your head as you kept falling.

Then, you felt someone held you, and swiftly pulled you into their arms.
The click of an glider being opened was heard, and the wind around you started to soften.

You slowly opened your eyes in fear, seeing Xiao holding you tight.

As you both landed on the ground, he placed you gently and dusted your clothes.
You looked at him with confusion, before flushing red.

"T-thank you...Xiao...for saving me,"

"Be careful next time,"

He stood up, following the path back to Wangshu Inn.
You were still weak from the shock earlier so you leaned on the tree next to you.

Sighing, he walked back to you and kneeled with his back facing you.

"X-xiao?,"

"I'll carry you back to the Inn. Don't worry about your training, we'll suspend it,"

You were shocked, he was not the type to do that.
But something in his tone made you climb on his back.

His warmth was calming you, and the scent of Qingxin on his clothes soothed your scrambled mind.

Soon, you fell asleep with your head on his shoulder.
He took a peak to your face, and chuckled.

"Well, I guess I find her companion enjoyable,".

•°•°•°•

|sigh...i have finals upcoming and i want to cry :')...even tho i can cheat, my family insists that i have to study... yea i should do it bcs im gonna offline school next year but :') still.... Anyways... Arataki Itto smut will be next ;) |