Droplets of Dreams [ Tighnari x Reader]

.

The sunshine passed through the forest canopy, creating a beautiful shade of light green on the moss covered floor.
Fresh herbs sprouted on the sides of the road, some fully grown and read to be picked.
A perfect day to explore the woods and restock some herbs.
Your boots left marks on the wet soil, mud staining the before clean soles.

A purplish petal flower caught your eye, a beautifully bloomed Sumeru Rose.
You crouched and gently plucked it along with its roots.
Before leaving, you tossed a handful of Sumeru Rose seeds, making sure at least one would grow in exchanhe for the one you took.
Though Sumeru Rose thrived easily in the wild, excessive harvesting with no effort of replanting could lead to endangering the population of species in the wild.
At least, that's what Tighnari always said.

You carefully packed the Rose in a brown paper, tying it gently as to keep the flower safe and dry.
Just when you stood up, a droplet of rain fell to your face.
Alerted, you spread out your pam, which more rain dropped to.
Cursing the unstable weather of Apam Woods under your breath, you ran to the nearest Ranger post.

Once you arrived, you lighted up the torch inside and laid out the herbs you collected earlier.Fortunately, none of them were wet but drying them out wouldn't hurt.
You took off the slightly wet Ranger coat and hung it to dry near the torch.

A sound of footsteps from outside took your attention.
It was light but heavy at the same time.
Fearing it might be a Rishboland Tiger looking for shelter, you moved back to the corner, hand ready to snatch the torch if it were to attack you
The leaves that covered the entrance rustled, a pair of wet, dark green ears poked in.
A familiar face showed up after, the intruder inviting himself in after noticing you.

You signed out in relief, walking from the corner.

"Do you really have to sneak like that, Nari? You scared the living out of me."
The male pouted at your scolding, struggling to take off his drenched coat.

"We always have to be cautious, you know... What if a Rishboland Tiger is taking a nap here? It's not impossible."

"As far as I know, a Rishboland Tiger doesn't posses the capabilities to light up a torch."

Tighnari shrugged and hung the coat he finally managed to take off.
Shaking your head, you grabbed a dry towel stocked in the racks.
You sat down on the wooden bed, towel in hand and ready to help Tighnari.
He plopped down next to you, letting you dry his shoulder-length hair and twitching ears.
His hair smelled like shampoo as you ruffled it with the towel.
A small purr left his lips unconsciously, making you giggle.
You were used to drying his wet hair.
Back when you both were still studying in the Academia, he would be back at your shared dorm late at night, hair and tail wet from the rain of Apam Woods, where he would run off to from time to time.
He hadn't thought of using natural oil on his furry tail at that time, so you had to help him dry the thick greenish fur and brush it neatly.

"I think it's dry enough, and don't forget to re-apply the oil, Nari".
You folded the now wet towel and patted his dried hair.
The latter fished out a sage glass bottle, a scent of flowers filled your nostrils as it was popped open.
He tended his tail while you watched, occasionally humming melodies that echoed in the small post.

The rain hasn't stopped and here you were, head on Tighnari's lap with his hand untangling your hair.
Your eyes were threatening to shut, dragging you to a cozy slumber.
Tighnari's words on what medicine to make with the collected herbs slowly faded.
Though you tried your hardest, you couldn't resist the urge to drift to the land of dreams.

Tighnari stopped his ramble as he felt you stop moving on his lap.
Your face was peaceful, lips curving in a small smile, lost in the dream you were having.
He looked at you, carefully unfolding the blanket next to him and draped it over you.
His fingers patted your head gently and he hummed a soothing lullaby.

"Sweet dreams, ( Name )"

•°•°•°•

| ahem... yes hello, i returned,

tis kyu is still an unstable lil fok
so, idk when will i update and uh.. yea

so yes i write when i have inspiration but im back :D

luv yalls |