{ANGST} Perfect Doesn't Last [ Aether x Reader ]

.

Continuation of Last Friday Night

Modern AU!
.

The sound of engines soared through the silence of the dawn.
You sped up your Aprilia RSV4 1100 to its max speed, catching up with Childe's KTM 790 Adventure.

"Oi, oi, oi..., Childe, come back here, you bastard,"

The ginger-haired man laughed nervously as he skillfully passed through the empty streets, making the blonde even more pissed.
You slightly chuckled upon the sight of these two ridiculous boys, even though Childe's actions also ticked you off.

Aether signaled you to ride by his side, slowly picking up his speed to match yours.

"(Y/n),"

"Hm?"

"How bad do you want to beat the shit outta our friend?"

Unable to hold your laughter, you burst and smacked his shoulder.

"Damn, Aether, I think to the point where he can't go around messing things for a week,"

"Then, it's set, come on,"

His smirk pumped up your adrenaline as the both of you sped through the intersection, following Childe who was ahead of you two.

Suddenly,

A bright light flashed from your side and you caught a glimpse of a black armored SUV.

The loud sound of an impact deafens your ears and you felt thrown a few meters away from your bike.
Aether's yells were faintly heard as your consciousness faded away.

.
.
.

"Ugh...,"

"(Y/n)! Are you alright? Where does it hurt??"

Waking up with a throbbing head, you saw Aether in front of you.
His arms were full of scratches and bruises, so did his face.

A clank of metal filled your ears as you realized that both of you were held captive.

"A-Aether... where are we?"

Your heartbeat went faster, pupils dilated and breath hitched uncontrollably.
A panic attack.

"Shhh, hey, hey, it's alright, don't be scared,"

He placed his forehead on yours, trying to calm you down.
Controlling the panic, both of you stayed like that for a while, feeling each other's breath.

A creak was heard from the huge metal door at the corner of the room.
You trembled, Aether placing himself in front of you.

"Well then, if it isn't the famous mafioso Aether and (Y/n),"

A blonde man with a blue mask covering half of his face approached the two of you.

"Dainsleif...,"

The Abyss Order...

Your long nemesis that has once been destroyed with the help of the other six biggest organizations now rose once again.
And they're coming for you.

"What do you want with us, Traitor?!"

"Nothing much...just a slight revenge,"

He snapped his fingers, one of his underlings immediately brought in a huge board.
Aether's eyes were filled with fear and shock upon the sight he's seeing.
Pictures of his little sister, Lumine, filled the board.
Her eating lunch, going to school, entering her home was all over it, The Abyss has been stalking her.

"What do you want with her?! I'll kill you all bastards!!!"

He harshly lunged himself forward, falling to the ground due to the shackles holding him.
You held his figure tightly before he did something that would hurt himself.

"Tell me... what the fuck do you want?... I'll give you anything but let them both go,"

A serious glow shone in your eyes as Dainsleif laughed frantically.
He threw a gun with a silencer on the floor, pointing towards it with his chin.

"Simple, he shoots you, and I'll let them both go, you, sweet duckling,"
He lifted your chin with his finger as you sent a disgusted look.
"Are the one who always got in our way of expanding businesses, you and your little intels are way smarter than we initially thought,"

"NO!"

Aether yelled, destroying the silence.
You gave him a sad smile, pushing the gun with only one bullet towards him.

"There's no other choice, Aether... If you don't do it, he's going to kill all of us... including Lumine,"

"I can't, (Y/n), I can't let you go... I don't want to lose you...,"

"Aaaah, stop all the sappiness, if you can't do it, I'll take the matter to my own hands,"

Dainsleif took the gun and cocked it, aiming it directly at your head.

"Keep your promise, Dainsleif,"

"I'm a man of my word,"

"Well then, goodbye Aether, say my goodbye to Childe too... If it is fated, we will meet in the next life... I love you, now and always..,"

As tears rolled down your cheeks, you gave him a last smile, his shocked and fearful face was the last thing you saw.

Everything happened too fast, the trigger was pulled, a gush of blood spurted out, your cold body fell on the floor.

A cracked scream filled the abandoned building, the rising sun's orange color reflected on the pool of red blood.

~~~

"Aether..,"

"Childe,"

His eyes were now cold and distant, no warmness or mercy was left.
The braided hair blonde pulled his leather glove, tightening it.

"Aether, are you sure..,"

"Don't test me, Childe... We will trample those who are in our way, there is no need to give them any chance,"

Childe stiffen under his freezing gaze, before bowing down and locking the door.
No one could ever forget that tragic day, your lifeless body hugged by Aether who was in tears.

But he changed, too much for Childe's liking.
The smile he always had on his face, the open arms you used to run to has now disappeared without a trace.

•°•°•°•

| sorry for not posting for quite some time, 
  i got  a haircut and now im crying bcs i look like Haitani Rindou from Bonten... HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GO OUTSIDE... ALSO HOW TO DO GEOGRAPHY HOMEWORK..IM DYING |