『What?』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, suggestive themes.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 2]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

    Though you couldn't understand anything he said, Tanjiro was kind. He'd taken your hand and led you out of the forest, gingerly smiling at you as if attempting to tell you that it'd be alright. When the two of you arrived at your destination, you'd realized where you were. The place where Tanjiros' first official mission took place. You were going to fuck up the storyline just by being here, weren't you? Y'know what, fuck the storyline! This is your reality now, not some anime!

    Your face was painted over with determination, before fear flooded your veins. Ah, shit. This was your reality now? You were going to fucking die! This was a world full of man-eating demons that couldn't be killed! You likely weren't even breathing right! How were you going to survive?

    Tanjiro, who'd smelt your sudden panic, tilted his head. He watched as your face twitched with frustration. Oh no! Had he done something to anger you? Was it because he was holding your hand? Quickly tearing his hand away, the burgundy haired male fell into an apologetic bow, slamming his head on the ground. "I'm sorry if I offended you! Please let me know if I've crossed any boundaries!"

    What was he saying? Did he forget you didn't speak Japanese? He said 'Gomen' so he must have been apologizing for something right? Oh no, was he leaving you in this town once he was done? Wait, that's a good thing! That means you're more likely to survive if you stay away from the protagonist! "Nah, it's fine Tanjiro, it's your job anyways. I can't really come with you since I'm technically a civilian." you'd nonchalantly stated, shrugging.

    What did you say? Oh! You must not have understood him, gosh. Why did he keep forgetting you two didn't speak the same language? Though, something inside of him grew prideful and giddy when you'd said his name. "A-ah. (y/n). Did-- I-....You know what, just come with me I guess..." the boy had trailed off, gesturing with his hand for you to follow him.

    You blinked. Wait, so he wasn't trying to get rid of you? Why? You were a civilian right? You glanced at your clothing, it obviously wasn't made there in the Taisho era of Japan, it was your normal, everyday clothes. Which also meant, you weren't in a demon slayer uniform. So why would he want to take you with?