『Realization-』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, borderline SA.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 41]

━━━━━━━━━

You'd been training under three of the hashira for the duration of four months, still unable to make any proper progress. You trained under Sanemi with Shoichi, Giyuu who was surprisingly very understanding of your weakness and allowed you breaks, then Kyojuro who trained you the hardest, insistent on you being able to protect yourself. It was tiring, and filled your body with aching fatigue, you wanted to cry. You were at the very least able to somewhat use a sword, however your skill was well below that of an average swordsman. Your swordsmanship was pitiful. You were better with the agility aspect, courtesy of being deathly terrified of an enraged Sanemi and fleeing in hopes of saving your life.

Unfortunately, you made utterly no progress in your breathing technique, seems it only triggers itself out when you're in what seems like mortal danger or enraged. Oh, you also hadn't seen Nezuko and the trio since you officially met Sanemi. That was a shitshow-

You found yourself being dragged to the butterfly estate by a frustrated Shoichi. "Onii-chan you're fine! Get up! You're heavy!" The young boy complained, gripping your left wrist as you laid face first in the dirt. You were offended at his careless comment. With the addition of your 'intense' training, you borderline forced Shinobu to drop a part of her schedule in order to help you learn more Japanese.

"Let us go!" you'd heard a very familiar voice snap, her voice laced with panic and fear of what was to happen.

"This girl... My god, just shut up." A deeper voice complained lowly. Fuck! You recognized these lines! Tearing yourself away from Shoichi, you stood, wiping your face free of dirt and grime.

"Shoichi. Go back to Sanemi. Now." You'd ordered before hurriedly turning the corner and pausing when seeing the scene. It was different. You recalled in the manga, Aoi had called out for Kanao's help, only for Kanao to grab the man's clothing and try to keep him in place. What you saw shocked you. This wasn't like her.

Kanao stood in front of the tall male, her hand resting on the hilt of her blade. "Release her." You felt proud, despite not really conversing with her whatsoever!

"You dare unflamboyantly disobey my orders and attempt to draw your sword to me?" the white haired hashira glared down at the female. The girl faltered at his words, questions, and words gyrating 'round her mind.

You stepped forward. "Oi! Kanao worked hard to make a decision! Stop being an asshole and let go of Aoi! If you don't then I'll tell Shinobu-san on you!" you threatened, now standing in front of the indecisive girl. Kanao's eyes widened. It was you, the one Tanjiro attempted to impersonate.

The man raised an eyebrow. "Oh? It's the flamboyant foreigner. You do have the looks I'm searching for, so..." Unable to process his words, you found yourself swept off your feet, the sound of an irked Aoi thudding to the ground along with Naho.