『 Snarky.』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, suggestive, Zenitsu.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 17]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

    Did you pull the 'I don't speak Japanese' card when you knew exactly what they wanted? Yes. You had a strict no labor policy. You watched as Tanjiro, Zenitsu, and the children buried dead bodies. You kinda wanted to snatch the kids away from that and leave it to the two teens.

    Inosuke, who you sat beside, awoke, his blank gaze shifting over to you. Why were you next to him? Why was he covered by.... a haori*? All he knew was that he wanted to pick another fight.

    The male shot up, screaming incoherent words. You had flinched back, wearily eyeing the peppa pig lookalike. "UWAHH!!! HE'S AWAKE!!!" Zenitsu had screeched, running over and hiding behind your crouched form.

    "LET'S FIGHT!!!" Inosuke had bellowed, running at the two of you.

    "YOU'RE GOING TO FIGHT THE MOMENT YOU WAKE UP?!! I REALLY CAN'T DEAL WITH THIS!!!" the blonde had nearly broken his vocal cords, sprinting away. Ino ran after him, jumping over you seeing as you were in his way. The lightning user then skidded to a stop behind Teruko, using the poor girl as a shield.

    The three kids and Tanjiro stood there holding rocks, confused. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" the boar man had shouted, waving his finger at the group.

    Tanjiro narrowed his eyes in confusion. "Burying the dead of course." he then continued, "Inosuke, you should come and help too. There were a lot of people killed in that house."

    "Yeah, Ino. I can't help because I have a strict no-labor policy. So they're short handed." you had informed from you seat on the ground.

    "Hah?! That's a load of bullshit!!! You just don't want to work!!" he had accurately declared, rudely pointing at you. Turning to glare at Tanjiro, the ravennette continued, "And I'm not helping! There's no point in burying the dead!!"

    "Oh, I see. It's because your wounds still hurt, that you're unwilling to help right?" the burgundy male's brows furrowed. "It's okay, everyone's pain tolerance is different. Inosuke, you should take a well earned rest."