『decisions.』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 33]

━━━━━━━━━

 Tanjiro approached a girl who sat, her hair parted into a side ponytail. Kanao. "Ah! There you are, Kanao!" Tanjiro greeted, waving his arm in the air. He missed you, though he decided that you wouldn't want him to be sad. He was also worried though, you'd said something about being taken by a demon moon. To be truthful, you changed all of them a little.

"We're gonna depart now. Shoichi is currently bidding his friend goodbye. Thank you for everything!" the burgundy haired teen chirped, sweat dropping when no reply came. "Ah, uhm. You're amazing. We're in the same batch yet you're already a tsuguko! We're gonna do our best too!"

No reply.

Tanjiro grunted in slight discomfort, averting his gaze. After a moment, Kanao pulled out her trusty coin, catching the male's attention. She flipped it, blankly staring down at it when it landed in her palm. "... I just followed my instructor's orders. There's no reason to give me thanks, so goodbye." she stated rather bluntly.

"What did you flip just now?"

"Goodbye."

"What's that?"

"Goodbye."

"Money? There's something written on the heads and tails. Why did you flip it? It turns around a lot."

"...."

Why didn't this guy ever shut up? Kanao sighed, choosing to explain. "I decided to flip then when I'm not instructed to do anything. I decided whether I should talk to you or not. Now, goodbye."

Tanjiro, not catching on, continued his interrogation. "Why can't you decide on your own?" Kanao didn't respond. "Kanao... What happened?"

"It doesn't matter. Nothing matters, so I'm unable to make decisions." she responded curtly, giving up on shooing him away. Tanjiro paused. When was he left unable to deal with people like this? Why couldn't he think of anything to say?

You'd know what to do! You wouldn't but he didn't need to know that. "Sorry if anything I say offends you, but I'm channeling my inner (y/n). They'd know how to help so if I pretend I'm them, then I can help you!"