『Surprise!』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, angst, abuse.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 38]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━

Residing inside a government laboratory in the year 2013 stood around fifty children, varying in age. All of the children adorned matching uniforms, white button up shirts as well as white pants that cut off directly above the ankles. Three children stood out in particular, two males with white hair, another with (h/c) locks/hijab.

"1724, it's time for your vaccination." a monotone voice had demanded.

Yutta, the tallest of the three, sighed, stepping forward. The woman who'd called him forward harshly rolled up his sleeve before jabbing a syringe into his forearm.

"1725." Yumi, Yutta's younger brother, went next.

The so-called "Vaccinations" were just an experimental version of steroids, meant to have longer lasting results and better effects. These children were lab rats for various medications in testing, not given the respect of being human beings. They were children. They'd been stolen from their homes at birth for the "greater good".

Yumi, he was only ten years old.

Yutta was older, sitting at the age of fourteen.

(y/n) was only nine, having lived in this lab for their entire life.

If they showed signs of emotion or humanity, they'd be killed, deemed as a defect. Many of their fellow children had met that fate. There were strict rules; go to bed at three in the morning, wake up at noon, eat once a day, and so on. The consequences of disobeying were severe.

━━━

Tanjiro, Zenitsu, Inosuke, Nezuko, Kanao, Genya, Muichiro, Shoichi...

They were children. You'd known this fact for a while now. They were still kids despite throwing themselves into danger constantly. This world was fucked up. You narrowed your eyes at your lap as you slumped, sitting in your futon. When you were "mentally stable" you'd have to go have a little talk with Ubuyashiki about...things.