『WHY?』

━━━

Japanese will be underlined.

[Warning: Spoilers, cursing, violence, blood.]

━━━

━━━━━━━━━

[𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 4]

━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━

    As Nezuko, the beautiful demon whom refused to eat humans, was preoccupied with beating the shit out of the demon who harmed you, Tanjiro gently sat you on the ground next to Kazumi. "Stay. (y/n). Stay." Tanjiro had ordered sternly, pointing to you then the ground. The male then spun 'round, focusing on his feral sister. He was startled, he'd never seen her be this violent. Was your blood spurring her to be like this? As the enemy lunged backward, Nezuko attempted to follow. "Nezuko! Don't pursue them too far! Come back to where I am!" Tanjiro had demanded.

    Nezuko let out an audible growl, glaring at her sibling before following his orders and stomping back over to him. Had she always been like this? She wasn't supposed to be this temperamental, was she? As she angrily stomped over, another demon swam up, attempting to grab her. Instead of vaulting herself over him like in the manga, she literally stomped on his head as she continued on her way back, causing the demon to let out a pained scream. "Hmph!"

    Nezuko had then stopped before her brother who stared at her, expressing something akin to shock. Shaking himself out of his stupor, Tanjiro prepared to say something but was cut off when the floor beneath him turned mushy and he began to sink. "Nezuko, I'm going under! Protect them! Make sure (y/n) doesn't hurt themselves more!" he'd yelled, slipping into the disgusting swampy liquid.

    Nezuko blinked, she was allowed to protect you? Oh, good. She'd make sure you were nice and safe. She nodded to herself before turning to look at you. Why were you still bleeding? Couldn't you heal? Oh, you were human, weren't you? She could've sworn you were at least part demon. The muzzled demon sat herself in your lap and looked up at you innocently, ignoring the fact you were practically soaked in your own blood.

    "O-oh, hi- owww. I'm o-okay. You're... Nezuko?" you'd questioned, brushing some of her hair from her face. Nezuko, recognizing her name, nodded excitedly. Seeing her excitement, you'd smiled, weakly patting her head.

    "Hm!" the girl had hummed happily, giving you head-rubs in reply. Why was she so cute? Nezuko knew she was adorable, in turn, she used that to get your attention despite the situation. You abruptly stopped, shoving her into your injured chest and throwing the two of you to the side, dodging an attack just in time. Nezuko was enraged, who dared to interrupt her precious time with you. Oh, it was the same asshole who'd hurt you. You were just so distracting that she'd managed to forget about the enemy. Ugly bitchass enemy, Nezuko had internally insulted.