Chapter 24: Basic Hero Race!

Third Person P.O.V.

It was another day at school, and everyone was talking about their time at their Internships. Chimei was standing next to Yua, and then they were joined by Aiko and Aoi. As they went over what they experienced at their internships.

"What? Did you get to fight villains? You're so lucky!" Akino exclaimed.

"All I did was go on patrol," Aoi replied.

Everyone's attention all went towards Chimei, Tari, Hana, and Sozo.

"Oh yeah! The city attacked, right?" Daichi yelled.

"I'm glad you guys made it okay, and are all alive! Seriously." Yuya said.

"I was worried!" Fuji exclaimed.

"I heard your hero agencies had to work together to fight back the villains, right? Tari?" Aoi said nervously.

Tari looked down at his desk at the beginning of the conversation, but when he was addressed, he looked up.

"Yeah. Fight the villains! Woohoo!" Tari said monotonously. But, most of the students didn't hear the difference in his tone, and they continued talking excitedly.

"I saw on the news that there was one villain who was so big that Pro-hero: Hawks couldn't hurt him!" Yuya gossiped.

"I know, right?" Fuji said.

Itsuki had enough of the gossip going on in the classroom. So he walked to the front of the room and called everyone to his attention.

"It is time to commence class!" Itsuki yelled.

Everyone soon started getting ready for class.

~Time skip~

Currently, everyone is standing in front of Midnight in their hero costumes, and behind Midnight was one of the training fields.

"It's time! For a little hero basic training! Long time no see, cuties! For this hero basic training -- since you've all just gotten back from your internships, we'll have some fun with a rescue training race!" Midnight explained.

Yuya then raises his hand to ask a question.

"If we are doing rescue training, then shouldn't we do it at USJ?"

Midnight thought about this quickly and replied, "Remember what I said? This is a race! And this is Field Gamma! A dense area filled with factories laid out like an intricate labyrinth." She then moved on to explain the exercise.

"You'll break up into groups of 4-person groups and go through the training one group at a time. When I send out a distress signal from somewhere inside, you'll all start at once from the outskirts of the city! It's a race to see who will rescue me first! Of course, you'll have to keep damage to buildings to a minimum."

Midnight then points at Tari, who likely is the person that would destroy the buildings.

"Don't point at me!" Tari yelled.

Midnight disregards what Tari said and continues with her speech.

"The first group, get in your places!"

The first group got ready, and it was Chimei, Yua, Aoi, and Itsuki. All of them, standing at different parts of the field Gamma. Meanwhile, the rest of the class was watching the first group on the large screen.

"This group has everyone in the class with good mobility," Daichi said after he observed the team.

"Maybe, but Yua is at a slight disadvantage." Yuya pointed out.