04: she's home ☆

"Please let me come home

"Please let me come home."

--☆--☆--☆--

Once again all Emerson Rhodes could think about was JJ Maybank. Twenty minutes ago all she wanted to do was be back in his arms again, but now all she wanted to do was hate him. Actually no, she didn't want to care about him, at all. Because if she didn't care then he couldn't hurt her again.

Emerson was walking next to Nick as they approached the Figure Eight country club. She did her best to keep a smile on her face, but it fell when she saw someone in the parking lot.

She recognized the car immediately and she felt her stomach drop. She froze when she saw her get out of the car. The woman turned, her eyes finding Emerson a couple feet away. She started approaching the Rhodes girl, and Emerson could feel herself wanting to run away but she didn't, she just stood there.

"Nick, I'll meet you inside," Emerson said absently. The Porter boy looked up, noticing the one and only Addison Rhodes walking towards them and immediately got the hint. He walked away letting Addison speak to her daughter alone.

"Em, honey," Addison smiled politely.

"Hi... mom," Emerson spoke hesitantly, not wanting to upset her mother in front of the people at the country club.

"Don't slouch, it's bad for your back," Addison told her and Emerson instantly stood up straighter. Addison smiled at her daughter, but Emerson couldn't tell if the smile was real or not. "I heard you are no longer dating that... pogue," Addison said.

"Where'd you hear that?" Emerson asked, genuinely curious about the answer.

"Is it true or not?" Addison asked, ignoring her daughter's question.

"Yeah. Yeah, it's true," Emerson answered.

Addison smiled again, before awkwardly putting her hand on Emerson's shoulder. "I'm glad honey, you were far too good for him." Emerson nodded, trying to remind herself that she didn't care.

"Right," Emerson nodded, trying to smile.

"So you've been staying with Topper, I hear?"

"Yeah."

Addison nodded her head, "I think you and Hayden should move home."

Emerson looked at her mom with a confused expression. Emerson honestly thought that Addison wouldn't want them anywhere near their house again. She put a stain on their family name, you can't just walk back from that.

"What?"

"I've been unreasonable," Addison told her. "You're sixteen and I treated you like you're an adult. You're allowed to make mistakes."