13: unspeakable rage ☆

"You wouldn't be able to handle it."

--☆--☆--☆--

It was around 2:30 when Heyward's truck pulled up in front of the Rhodes' house. JJ and Pope sat quietly inside the truck for a moment before Pope grew impatient and turned towards the blond next to him.

"Nothing's going to happen if you just sit here," Pope told him.

"Well what am I supposed to say?" JJ asked, lifting his arms up dramatically. "Hey Em, wanna go on a roadtrip with us to Charleston?"

"Yeah. That's exactly what you have to say," Pope nodded, not understanding what the problem was. Pope never knew JJ to be the kind of guy who gets nervous around girls, but Emerson was different. "What is going on with you, man? Ever since she dumped you... you've been off."

"I'm fine man," JJ shrugged. "I just want to get John B back."

"Then talk to her. She said she'll get us the confession and we'll need it if this Limbrey person doesn't pull through," Pope said, practically pushing JJ out of the truck.

"Fine. I'm going," JJ adjusting his hat so it was now backwards. He walked around to the back of her house and climbed up to her balcony just like he had done the night before. Her curtains were pulled open and JJ was surprised to see Carter Rhodes standing in Emerson's room.

JJ ducked down slightly, trying to make sure that Carter wouldn't see him. The pogue wished the window had been open, if it was then he'd know what the father daughter duo were planning. After about a minute Carter left the room and Emerson flopped down on her bed staring up at the ceiling.

Now was JJ's chance, so he quickly climbed into view and knocked on the window. Emerson jolted up in her bed as she turned her head towards the window. And just like the previous two times an annoyed look on her face appeared when she realized it was JJ. But just like before she stood up from her bed and opened the window.

"Again Maybank?" She asked as JJ climbed into her room.

"What can I say, I'm dedicated," He shrugged.

"Yeah, it's annoying," Emerson told him. "What do you want this time?"

"I'm thinking about a trip to Charleston," He said with a smile, one that she didn't reciprocate. "Well... what do you think?" JJ asked when Emerson didn't respond.

"I have to be here when Rafe comes back," She told him, making the smile drop from his face almost immediately. "I promised him."

"So you won't come with me because you'll be with him?" JJ asked angrily as he took his hat off his head.