06: tickle the wire ☆

"No one can know

"No one can know."

--☆--☆--☆--

"She's not gonna want to talk to me," JJ said looking up at Emerson's house from Kiara's car.

"We need her help," Pope reminded him as he turned around to look at JJ.

"Yeah. I get it," JJ rolled his eyes.

"Do you want me to come in with you?" Kiara offered.

"No. No, I have to do this alone," JJ answered, causing Kiara and Pope to share a confused look. He let out a sigh then opened the car door and slowly started approaching the Rhodes household. JJ went around the side, knowing that it was the easiest way to get to Emerson's bedroom window.

He was relieved to see that her lights were on, meaning she was probably in there. JJ picked up some pebbles and started throwing them at her window. After throwing three and getting no response he wondered if she wasn't in there after all, but he threw another one anyway. Only this time her curtains were pulled to the side and Emerson looked down. 

Her instinct was to smile, afterall she still loved JJ. But before she could she remembered all the things he said to her in front of Topper's house. He didn't want her anymore, she was just a game to him. He didn't want to be around her anymore. He didn't want her, and she didn't need him.

"What?" She asked, when she opened her bedroom window.

"We need to talk," He said, making sure to speak quietly enough that no one on the ground floor could hear him.

"About what?"

"Just let me come up," JJ responded.

"Fine," Emerson rolled her eyes then JJ started climbing up to her balcony. She stood by the window waiting for him to get to her. "Can you hurry up?" She asked.

"Jesus, you try climbing up this," JJ snapped once he finally jumped onto her balcony. 

JJ tripped slightly as he stepped into Emerson's room. He caught himself but now he was standing right in front of Emerson. She looked up at him and he looked down at her. They could both feel their hearts beating a little bit faster.

Emerson cleared her throat, stepping backwards while JJ let out an exasperated sigh. He had to turn away for a moment, knowing that if Emerson hadn't pulled away then he would've tried to kiss her. JJ looked back at her but then his face twisted in confusion as he looked at her clothes. "You look... like a kook."

"Well after you dumped me, the kooks were the only ones I had left," She reminded him with a pointed look. JJ looked down, feeling guilty for what he had done. "Is this what you wanted to talk about? My wardrobe?"

"No." JJ shook his head, looking back up at her. "No, I need your help."

"Not interested," She responded, without giving it a second thought. In fact Emerson was actually surprised by her immediate response.