38: kook kidnappings ☆

"Just sleep baby. It'll all be over soon."

--☆--☆--☆--

The second Rafe opened the door to his bedroom Carter Rhodes walked in. Emerson felt her heart stop when she looked at him as fear flooded her body. He didn't look the same, Carter always looked very put together, he always looked like the man in charge. But now he looked beaten, there were no physical signs of injury but he looked like he just lost the battle.

Addison walked in a few seconds later, and Emerson couldn't bring herself to look at her mom. Emerson felt betrayed by her parents. The people who were supposed to protect her betrayed her the most.

"Rafe give us a moment will you?" Carter asked, not taking his eyes off his daughter.

"Yes sir," Rafe nodded, then turned to leave his bedroom for the Rhodes family.

"No, no," Emerson grabbed Rafe's arm, she didn't want him to leave her with them. Emerson knew Rafe was crazy but he also loved her. She knew that if Carter tried anything Rafe would stop him because he was in love with her. Emerson also knew that it was wrong to use Rafe to keep her safe, but at this point she was desperate. "Rafe, I'm sorry, please don't leave me. Please, don't go. Please"

Rafe looked down at her, not recognizing the look in her eyes, it was fear. He'd never seen her like that before. He didn't like seeing her like this. Rafe looked over at Carter, not knowing who to listen to. Carter just gave him a kind smile, and Rafe had no reason to believe the smile was fake, then he gestured for Rafe to leave the room.

"You two must really be in love," Carter laughed.

"You have no idea," Rafe told him, but they both knew the truth. Rafe knew Emerson wasn't in love with him. He figured it out the second the keys went missing, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to keep her until eventually she has no choice but to fall in love with him.

"Rafe please," Her grip got a little tighter but Rafe just pulled his arm away from her. This was her punishment for giving that key to Sarah. This was his way of telling her that she has to obey him.

"It was nice to see you sir," Rafe said, nodding at Carter then smiling politely at Addison before walking out his room, leaving Emerson behind.

"Tracking you down has not been easy," Carter said, closing the door to Rafe's bedroom. Emerson backed away from the man she once called her father. "I was beginning to think we'd have to leave without you."