26: heartbreak club ☆

"Escape your inner kook."

--☆--☆--☆--

"I don't get it," John B admitted as he laid on his back looking up at the stars from the comfort of the HMS pogue. "I don't."

It had been hours since Emerson made her confession to JJ, and hours since Sarah came to visit John B. Emerson didn't even know that the Cameron girl had been at the Chateau until John B told her. John B and Sarah's relationship was heading towards a rocky phase, they had been through so much and their relationship was still so new.

It was like the entire group was beginning to fall apart. First her and JJ, then Kiara and Pope, and now John B and Sarah. All they wanted was for things to go back to how it used to be, back when they were all happy, but it wasn't that easy.

"Love is five minutes of pleasure for a lifetime of pain," Pope sighed.

Emerson and John B exchanged a worried look before both them sat up, turning their full attention onto the Hayward boy.

"Wow," John B sighed.

"Oh boy, Kie really did a number on you, didn't she?" Emerson added as she looked at Pope with a worried glance.

"So, okay, yeah, you and Kie. What's going on? Talk to us," John B prompted.

"Um..." Pope sighed his eyes going to Emerson wondering if she'd eventually just go tell Kiara everything he said. "I shouldn't-"

"My lips are sealed, Pope," She told him, gesturing a zipper over her lips. "Anything you say will go with me to my grave."

"Okay," He nodded, choosing to believe that she was telling the truth. "Well... she just wants to be friends."

"Death blow," John B said, shaking his head. "I'm sorry, man."

"I... I didn't even see it coming," Pope said sadly. He truly was in love with Kiara and he desperately wanted her to love him too.

"Pope, girls are stupid," Emerson told him, "trust me. If Kiara, or any other girl, can't love you the way you want her to then she isn't worth it. You deserve greatness, Pope."

"You're just saying that because you feel bad for me," Pope sighed.

"No, I'm not. You are gonna find the perfect girl for you, I can see it," Emerson said with a soft smile. "And it's gonna happen when you least expect it."

"Like you and JJ?"

"I'm not sure we're the relationship you want to look up to," Emerson told him honestly. "I don't even think we have a relationship anymore. At least not a romantic one."