36: do the birdcall ☆

"Bad things happen when we aren't together."

--☆--☆--☆--

Since they had just lost one method of transportation all of the pogues were now in the Twinkie. John B was driving, of course, while JJ sat right next to him in the passenger's seat. John B slowly took his foot off the gas when he saw a swarm of cop cars ahead of them.

"Oh shit! They found the truck," Kiara gasped.

"Chill, chill," Pope said frantically.

JJ put his cap on, as if that would make him unrecognizable. Shoupe and another officer started walking towards them with their flashlight facing towards the Twinkie.

"Just relax, okay?" John B said. "Everyone stay calm."

"Well, lookee here," Shoupe said when he recognized the twinkie and the group of teenagers inside it.

"Good evening, officer," John B said once Shoupe reached his window.

"Sheriff," Shoupe corrected him. "Yeah, that's right."

"Speed kills, huh?" John B nodded towards the truck.

"I pulled the tags and I know whose truck that is," Shoupe told them, shining his flashlight to the back of the van. "Hey. Kie, you drop your weed pen back there?" He asked when he saw the Carrera girl trying to hide.

"Found it," She replied, giving him a quick thumbs up.

"Good," Shoupe nodded.

"Sheriff," Pope said, getting Shoupe's attention. "I just wanna say this is all my fault. She had nothing to do with this. I take 100% responsibility."

"Nothing to do with it? Uh-huh," Shoupe nodded, obviously not believing him. "You wanna try that again? Your parents reported the truck missing four hours ago, and the keys were missing from the house. I'm taking you home," He said to Kiara. "Or I can pull you all in for leaving the scene of an accident."

"Okay," Kiara sighed.

"Good choice. Plumb," Shoupe looked over at his officer who walked towards the door, sliding it open.

"I gotta deal," Kiara told them. "Hit me up later and make sure I'm still alive." They nodded right before Plumb closed the door, and Kiara walked away with the officers.