15: country club killer ☆

"Please, just let me go

"Please, just let me go."

--☆--☆--☆--

When Rafe Cameron finally made it to the Rhodes household it was obvious that he had made a couple stops beforehand. The faint scent of alcohol followed him everywhere he went, but he knew neither of the Rhodes parents would say anything about it. To them he was a godsend, or so he thought.

Rafe knocked on the front door, fixing his hair quickly before the door opened. He had put on a charming smile, expecting Addison to open the door but was thoroughly surprised when he realized it was Carter.

"Mr. Rhodes," Rafe held his hand out for Carter to shake, which he did.

"Rafe," Carter nodded as he stepped out of the way letting the Cameron boy into the house. "Emerson's in her room."

"Right, thanks," Rafe smiled at him quickly before walking up the stairs. He knocked on her door, frowning when he didn't get a response. After waiting a total of five seconds Rafe opened the door, letting himself into the room. "Em?" He looked around, realizing Emerson was nowhere to be found.

The sound of the shower turning off in the bathroom told him that the Rhodes girl was actually a lot closer than he thought. He sat down on her bed, waiting for her to leave the bathroom. Rafe picked up his phone, the lock screen was the picture of him and Emerson at the Midsummer's party. The sound of the door opening made him close his phone as he stood up.

"Jesus," Emerson gasped as she held tightly onto the towel that was wrapped around her body. "How long have you been sitting there?"

"Like a minute," Rafe shrugged.

Emerson nodded, not knowing what else to say to him as she walked over to her dresser. She could feel Rafe's eyes following her but she did her best to ignore him as she picked a fresh pair of underwear. There was so much left unspoken between them, especially now, since Emerson had come to the realization that Rafe was one of the only people in her life who bothered to tell her the truth.

She turned around, the two of them holding eye contact for a few seconds before Emerson let out a sigh and walked back over to her closet. Emerson's eyes moved around her closet trying to figure out what she could wear. Knowing that she had to play the part of the sweet kook princess she knew there were certain outfit choices that went along with that role.

Reaching her hand forward she grabbed a simple white dress that had a small hint of a plaid pattern on it. She slipped it one, throwing a light wash jean jacket over it and paired with her slightly worn down Nike air forces. When she walked out of her closet Rafe immediately stood up, his eyes moving down her body.