34: allergic reactions ☆

"You almost dropped it on my foot!"

--☆--☆--☆--

"Come on," Pope pushed Emerson into the Twinkie and she did what he said. He pointed for her to sit down, so she did. "We have to clean that."

"Okay doc," Emerson let out a long breath. She was in pain, Pope knew she was in pain, he could see it in her eyes. Emerson didn't want anyone to know just how much she was hurting, but Pope didn't care, he was going to help her. "Is that... um, rubbing alcohol?"

"Yeah, how else would we clean it?" Pope asked her.

Emerson's eyes squinted, she knew it was gonna sting. "Pope, if I cry like a baby-"

"I won't say anything," Pope assured her as he moved towards her with all the supplies he needed in his hands. Emerson watched as he poured some of the rubbing alcohol onto a rag after preparing a gauze pad and wrap. "Ready?"

"I guess so," Emerson replied with a frown on her face. She lifted her arm and turned away so she wouldn't see when Pope- "Fucking hell!" She tried to move away from him but he just followed her.

"Stop moving," He told her, still putting the rag with rubbing alcohol on her side. After that Emerson tried her best not to move while Pope continued to clean the wound. "Okay we're done with that part."

"Thank god," Emerson sighed.

"Here hold this still," Pope told her after putting the gauze against the scratch.

"Why are you so good at this?" Emerson asked him as she held the gauze in place while Pope started unraveling the wrap.

"I'm a pogue, Em. It comes with the territory," He said with a quiet laugh.

The door slid open allowing the Maybank boy into the Twinkie. He looked at Emerson and Pope, more specifically he was looking at the gator scratch on his girlfriend's side. JJ felt an intense amount of guilt fill him. If he hadn't taken the time to take care of Luke then he would've gotten back to the pogues faster then Emerson and John B wouldn't have gotten hurt.

"Is she gonna be okay?" JJ asked, looking at Pope instead of Emerson.

"She got scratched by a gator," Pope said in an annoyed voice. Emerson gave him a look making the Heyward boy sigh. "Yeah, she'll be fine."

JJ nodded, his eyes only meeting Emerson's for a split second before he walked out of the Twinkie. Pope didn't say anything else and continued to wrap her injury. The Heyward boy had told her it could've been a lot worse, but luckily the gator hadn't made the cut too deep.

"Thanks doc," Emerson said to him.

"How long are you going to call me doc?" Pope asked her.

"As long as I want," Emerson replied with a smile on her face.