41: that's the dream ☆

"You're going to make his life a living hell, aren't you?"

--☆--☆--☆--

The room was quiet, despite the fact that there were five people in it. Emerson and Hayden sat beside Sarah who was staring intently at an hourglass, while Wheezie was sitting across the room. The older girls were both obviously annoyed by the situation they found themselves in, while their younger siblings weren't struggling as much, well Wheezie wasn't struggling as much. Out of all of them she knew the least about what was going on.

Hayden had his head on Emerson's shoulder, he didn't understand what was going. He wanted his sister to tell him the truth, to tell him the real reason they were leaving their home. Hayden looked at Emerson, but she was staring at her hands, Sarah was still watching the hourglass. They were both so out of it, so angry about something that they couldn't talk to him. He wanted to know, he wanted to help.

Emerson's foot was tapping nervously on the floor, and her mind was on one thing, Rafe's gun. She still had it, and no one knew. She had a weapon that could easily take someone's life in her possession and she couldn't figure out what to do with it. Part of her wanted to throw it off the side of the ship and never see it again, but what if she needed it? And if she did need it would she ever actually find the courage to use it? Would the gun behind her back turn her into a killer? Will she-

"Does anyone wanna play war?" Wheezie asked, snapping Emerson out of the trance she was in. Everyone looked over at the youngest Cameron daughter, a slight amount of confusion on all of their faces.

"What?" Emerson asked, looking over at Wheezie.

"War, the card game?"

"You brought cards?" Sarah asked her little sister, causing Wheezie to nod her head. "Yeah."

"I'll go grab them," Wheezie said with a smile.

"I'll go with you," Hayden interjected but before he could stand up Emerson grabbed his hand.

Rose glanced over at them, so Emerson pulled the younger boy closer to her. "Be careful," She whispered, but her eyes were focused on Rose.

"Why?" He asked.

Her eyes shifted onto him, looking at right into his eyes. "If something happens you find me, okay? You find me."

"Okay," He nodded then stood up from his seat.

Emerson and Sarah watched as Wheezie unlocked the door and walked out, Hayden following close behind her. Rose was sitting on the opposite side of the room, reading a magazine. The rest of the adults had disappeared, leaving Rose in charge of watching the teenagers.