30: say it again ☆

"I want to see your smile

"I want to see your smile."

--☆--☆--☆--

"Scream again and you'll wish you never opened your mouth," His voice was low and quiet, making a shiver go down her spine. Emerson didn't say anything, she didn't move, she was too scared. "You gonna be quiet?" Emerson nodded, desperately wanting to get out of this man's grasp.

He moved his hand away from her mouth but kept a tight grip around her, ensuring she wouldn't be able to run away from him. She had just enough room to be able to turn her head to see who was holding her captive. Emerson rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Oh, it's just you," She said and she could feel how her words annoyed the man. Despite the fact that she sounded like she couldn't care less about him she was actually terrified. She didn't like the tight grip he had around her body and she sure as hell didn't like that he showed up at the chateau. "Renfield, right? The weirdo assistant?"

"I'm not an assistant," He said through gritted teeth.

"Of course not," She said, rolling her eyes for a second time.

He was getting angrier, Emerson could tell, his grip around her was getting tighter. Renfield turned around looking at something, she assumed that he was the only one there. She was wrong. Renfield put his hand back over her mouth and forced her to start walking forwards.

"You make a sound and I'll kill your friends," Renfield whispered in her ear. "Understand?"

Emerson nodded, choosing to listen to him. She desperately wanted him to let go of her but if that meant he'd hurt the pogues she knew she couldn't do it. So with every step he took she walked forward, allowing him to control her body.

"Hey, who's out there?" Emerson heard John B yell.

"You kooks better not try anything," Kiara shouted, making Emerson sigh.

"Who's there?" Now JJ was the one yelling.

"How y'all doing?" Renfield asked the group of teenagers once he and Emerson stepped out of the shadows. The pogues' expressions dropped when they saw Emerson in his arms and JJ's grip around the fire poker tightened. "Lovely evening we're having."

"It's this piece of shit," John B muttered.

Renfield lifted one of his hands, in an attempt to show the pogues that he was unarmed. "Look, I, uh... I don't hold a grudge with any of y'all, all right? But this can go hard or this can go easy." JJ was looking right into Emerson's eyes, and he knew at this moment he'd never let her out of his sight again. "You know what I'm here for, and I clearly have the upper hand here." He pointed out, looking at Emerson who rolled her eyes for the third time. "But for fun... let me give you a little demonstration. You see that swing?" He asked, pointing at the swing that was right next to JJ. "I got the best bow hunters in the Army rangers with me."