28: pure electricity ☆

"Say it again baby."

--☆--☆--☆--

Pope and Kiara got out of the twinkie first. Throughout the entire ride to the bonfire Pope had been trying to figure out why Kiara hadn't gone back home yet. He was confused and he wanted to help the Carrera girl, it didn't matter how much she tried to walk away from him.

Next JJ and John B got out, the two of them were talking about Sarah for the millionth time since the kook princess left John B on the deck. Emerson tried not to pay attention to them, but she couldn't help it, she wanted to know what they were saying.

"And she's like "that's it,'" John B says, telling JJ what Sarah said to her.

"I know. But dude, her father blew up right in front of her. Just give her a minute all right?"

"I agree with JJ," Emerson told the two boys, who gave her a look for eavesdropping on their conversation. "I'm just saying," The Rhodes girl held her hands up in defense.

"Yeah, and in the meantime, we shotgun right now. Just like the old days-"

"Hey, derelicts!" A beer can came flying in their direction making the group of three jump backwards.

"Bitch," Emerson muttered under her breath as she looked at the girl.

"Hey, there she is," JJ smiled, earning an eye roll from his ex-girlfriend. "That's for you. We're out of here," He reached forward, waiting for Emerson to take his hand.

"Goodnight," John B said playfully punching his best friend.

"John B," The boy turned around, seeing the annoyed look on the Rhodes girl's face. "Don't be stupid." John B ignored her and continued walking towards the girl. "Idiot."

"Hey, hey," JJ stepped in front of her, forcing her to take her eyes off John B. "Let's have some fun."

Emerson let out a sigh, trying to switch into fun mode. "Right," she nodded, letting JJ hand her a beer.

"Shotgun?"

"Yeah, let's shotgun," Emerson nodded.

They both got ready to shotgun a beer but right before JJ could bring the can to his lips he stopped. He looked at Emerson, watching as she put the beer can against her lips. He watched as she quickly downed the beer, and smiled when a little bit of it spilled from her lips traveling down her neck.

Emerson drank as much as she could, not noticing JJ's eyes on her. Just as she was about to finish JJ lifted his beer, chugging it quickly so Emerson wouldn't notice that he'd been watching her.