09: north drain ☆

"Hey princess, you're coming with me."

--☆--☆--☆--

It was around 7 in the morning by the time the Rhodes girl got home. The house was still quiet but Emerson knew better than to expect everyone to be asleep. When she walked into the kitchen there was Addison, cracking an egg into a bowl.

"You're home," Addison smiled when she saw her daughter. "How was last night?"

"It was fine," Emerson shrugged. Emerson knew the look in her mother's eyes. She shouldn't have been surprised, since she was a kid Addison always seemed to know everything going on her life. Maybe Rose saw her at the house last night, maybe Rafe had told Ward. It didn't matter but Addison knew that Emerson was with Rafe the night before.

"Well give me the details," Addison urged her. Emerson knew the game that Addison was playing. She realized what was going on the second Addison invited the Cameron's over for dinner that night. Addison thought her daughter was the same suck up she's always been, but no, Emerson was playing her own game now.

"Don't worry mom, I've got it all under control."

"That's my girl," Addison winked. "Go on and change your clothes then come down for breakfast."

"Okay," Emerson turned around and walked up the stairs to get to her room. She had a smile on her face but it fell almost instantly when she saw Hayden sitting on her bed. "Jesus! What the hell are you doing here?"

"You didn't come home last night," Hayden said calmly.

"It's not the first time and it certainly won't be the last," Emerson shrugged as she set her purse on the floor. She turned to look at her little brother, immediately noticing the worried look on his face. "Don't give me that look Hayden."

"I'm worried-"

"Well don't be," She retorted.

"Someone has to be!" He yelled, startling Emerson slightly. "Emerson, you are getting sucked back into Mom's world."

"And why is that such a bad thing?" Emerson asked, holding her hands out. She knew Hayden didn't know about her plan. He didn't know she was still working with the pogues. But she couldn't tell him, she had to protect him. "I can take care of myself. I don't need my baby brother to protect me."

"Clearly you do," He scoffed.

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"She kicked you out! She cheated on dad! She doesn't love you, she just wants to control you!" Hayden shouted, only to realize the mistake he made. Emerson scoffed, turning away from him. "Em, I didn't-"