16: pathetic excuses ☆

"You're the one who's gone psycho."

--☆--☆--☆--

The sound of the pogues cheering filled the air that surrounded the Chateau as the pogues cracked open their beers. For the first time in weeks all of them were happy, and they were together again, that's all that they cared about. None of them were thinking about what could happen in the next ten minutes or ten seconds they were living in the moment. Their music played loudly as they all jumped into JJ's hot tub, all five of them downing a beer.

"Whoo!" John B cheered as he threw his beer can onto the floor nearby.

"Yeah, yeah," JJ laughed as he danced.

The five of them laughed as Pope tried to freestyle rap. None of them fully noticed the look that Kiara was giving the Heyward boy.

"Just like the good lord intended," JJ commented as he leaned back against the hot tub. He looked around at his friends only for a frown to form on his face when he realized there was someone missing. His smile disappeared quickly, however as Pope pulled him out of the hot tub so they could play a game they invented.

"Get it, Pope!" Sarah laughed as JJ shoved Pope's shoulder trying to knock him down.

"Yes! Yeah!" Pope cheered, almost knocking JJ down.

"Okay!" JJ laughed. "Ah! Good, good, good!" JJ yelled when Pope finally lunged forward, grabbing ahold of the blond pogue. "Get the leg! Oh!" JJ laughed as he and Pope fell to the floor, the sound of laughter coming from everyone around them.

"Oh, the single leg sweep," John B noticed. "When did you start wrestling?"

"I don't know," Pope shrugged. "I'm done. I'm out of here," Pope announced after an evening filled with drinking and laughter.

"Did you have too many beers?" JJ laughed, using an accent. "You want a round two?"

"Yeah, I think I'll take my losses," Pope replied.

"Really?" Sarah asked when Kiara stood up from her seat following behind Pope.

"Way to be discreet!" JJ yelled after them.

"I leave, and this is what happens," John B commented, shaking his head.

"Are you blaming me?" JJ asked. Sarah raised her eyebrows, wanting to bring up her best friend but she refrained, not wanting to get into an argument.

"Just a little bit. Uh-oh," John B sighed. "Your boy's out. Beer time."

John B stood up from his seat, walking over to the cooler that was filled with beers only a couple of hours ago. He looked up, his eyes finding the memorial that the pogues made for him when they thought he was dead. A look of sadness appeared on John B's face, something that JJ noticed causing him to stand up and join his best friend by the cooler.