40: death cage ☆

"You fell in love with a pogue

"You fell in love with a pogue."

--☆--☆--☆--

It was safe to say that Rafe was wrong when he thought Emerson would just do whatever he wanted her to. He hoped she would just become the kook she used to be, but she didn't. Because she wasn't a kook anymore, she was a pogue. She wasn't being controlled by her parents or her social status, she was the one in control now.

Emerson Rhodes didn't bend and she didn't break. Instead she was set free. The part of her that she kept hidden all these years was finally unleashed. Pieces of her had been breaking for a long time but now the mask was broken, tossed to the floor so it could never be picked up again.

She stepped away from Rafe, shaking her head at him. She laughed, but it wasn't that sweet innocent laugh that Rafe had grown to fall in love with.

"Em, babe-"

"Don't call me that," Emerson said, pointing a finger at him.

It was obvious that Rafe was confused, but he just nodded. Hoping that once she finished her temper tantrum then everything would go back to the way it used to be, but that's not what happened. Rafe had left the room a while ago, giving Emerson room to throw her tantrum. And let's just say she didn't hold back.

There was glass on the floor that she had shattered into about a million pieces. The cushions on the couch were thrown to different spots in the room. The posters on the walls had been ripped up, even the chairs were now broken.

Emerson kicked into the wall closest to her and when it didn't break she kicked it again, and again, until finally her foot went right through the wall. No one has tried to stop her, they just left her to destroy the room. Emerson found one of Rafe's bags and unzipped it, dumping all of its contents on the floor. Her head tilted in confusion when she heard a loud thud.

She bent down, finding Rafe's gun on the floor. Emerson picked it up, examined it. There were bullets in the chamber, each one of them ready to take a life if they needed to. Emerson debated hiding it, in an attempt to keep it away from Rafe. Emerson stood up with the gun in her hand. She held it up, like she was going to fire it, but she just couldn't bring her finger to touch the trigger.

The sound of the door unlocking caught her attention and stuffed the gun into the waistband of her pants, using her shirt to keep it hidden. She picked up the leg of the chair that she'd broken, holding it up like a bat when the door opened.

An audible sigh escaped her lips as she dropped the chair leg. She smiled and ran over to the door and wrapped her arms around her little brother.

"I'm so sorry," She said to him. "I'm sorry I left you there."

"It's okay," He responded but Emerson shook her head.

"No. No, it's not okay. I'm never ever leaving you again, okay? I promise," She told him.