Chapter 7: the council

Karl POV.

My stomach was rumbling constantly. It had been 2 days since I had eaten last, or had anything to drink, but the only thing offered was blood and I refused to drink that. I reached my hand up to rub my neck, while my mouth stayed slightly open. For the past 2 days I had mainly just slept since I obviously didn’t have anything better to do.

The only company I had were the 2 familiar vampire hunters, although I never really talked to them even if they tried talking to me. Every day they came and did a check of the room to make sure it was clean and they always checked the blood to see if I had drunk any, which I hadn’t.

I rested my head against the wall of the bed which I had hardly moved off of, and my eyes stayed focused on the camera. With nothing better to do I just kept trying to remember all of the books that I had been reading, and hoped that I was in any of the stories instead of being here.

The door of the room unlocked with a click and I glanced up at the familiar pair of vampire hunters who walked into the room. Along with them was a blond with green eyes who watched me quietly. I sent them a glare and looked back down at the bed as they walked closer to me.

“Hello Karl,” the ravenette said with a small sympathetic smile. “I was wondering if we could talk to you about something.”
I ignored him, wrapping my arms around my knees and hugged them. My eyes stayed focused on the wall, refusing to even acknowledge them being in the room.

“We have an offer for you,” the unfamiliar blond stated, his eyes meeting mine as I glanced over to him for a moment before looking away again.
After a moment of me not responding he continued. “Currently thanks to these 2 idiots you are being sent to the Citadel in a week for life... but there is another option if you want to take it.”

When he said that I looked over to him, ignoring the other 2 people in the room. “What is the other option?” I asked, my voice being weak after a few days of not talking or having anything to drink.

Sapnap POV.
The previous day.

I ran up the steps of the Citadel where Clay was waiting for me leaning against the wall. “Thank you for this Dream,” I said with a smile when I reached him. “I owe you one.”
“Don’t lie Sapnap,” the blond replied, “you owe me way more than one.”

He and I headed inside and walked through the halls to the elevator. It was just after 11am and everyone who worked here was in their offices or out, so the place was almost deserted. We rode up in the elevator in near silence except for the fact that Dream was constantly asking me what I wanted to tell the higher up members of the Citadel.

Eventually he gave up as we stepped off of the elevator on the top floor. It was a lot better furnished than the other levels of the Citadel, with it’s cream coloured walls angling up to the roof, and dark wooden floors.

There was a large glass window which overlooked the street below, and on each side were 2 doors which lead off into a separate hallway. I haven’t been up here in ages but Dream has, and the blond directed me through several rooms until we reached an ordinary looking boardroom.

All of the highest ranked members were here and watched us come in. I walked to the centre of the room feeling powerless under their cold glares while Clay slunk behind them to watch me. “Sapnap. Dream said you requested to speak with us?” a woman who went by the name Minx stated, phrasing it as a question.

I nodded, looking at each of the 8 people sitting in the room, along with Dream, in turn. “So what is it?” another council member, Schlatt, asked.
“Well… it’s kind of a long story…” I responded awkwardly, not knowing what exactly I should tell them.