Chapter 22: Agent Hero

Wilbur POV.

I yawned as I stood up and stretched. The plane had landed a minute ago and the people beside me had just started getting up to get off and so I did the same. Outside of the window it was still quite bright seeing as it was only 6pm here while it was 10pm back home.

Either way, I got very little sleep on the flight and so I felt like the second I got to whatever place COMVIP and EHVTM set up for me to sleep at. Being honest I'd probably sleep the entire time I was here thanks to the stupid timezones, and it wasn't like I was on the other side of the planet or something it was just a 4 hour difference.

Once I made my way into the terminal I saw a man standing there holding up a sign with my name on it along with the signature used by COMVIP employees so that they could be identified. He noticed me watching him tiredly and walked over.

"Mr Soot I presume." He started and I nodded, looking at him. The man was slightly taller than me, which was impressive since I was over 6 foot.
"Yeah, that's me. Are you my ride to where I am staying?" I asked, and the man nodded.

"Cool." I responded. "Just give me a few minutes to grab my luggage and we can head out to the car." I walked over to where all the other passengers were collecting their bags and suitcases and the man followed behind me.

When he wasn't looking I sent curious glances at him. Olive coloured skin, and brown shiny hair, he was quite attractive I'll admit but something seemed off about him. He watched me intently as I waited for my stuff and eventually grabbed it.

I had my suitcase and he smiled at me. "Is that all you have?" he asked, and I nodded. "Okay then. Follow me to the car."
The man walked out of the terminal and into a large multi-story carpark. He led me along a path to where he had parked his car.

The man helped me load the suitcase into the backseat of the car before he sat down in the driver's seat and I sat down in the passenger seat on the other side of the car. For a while there was silence between us as he drove out of the car park but we began talking after a while.

"So do you work for the American Citadel?" I questioned as we drove down the road.
The man sitting opposite me hummed. "Yeah. I've been working for the Citadel since I was 16. It is cool there. What is life like working for the Brits?" He questioned.

"It is a lot different from every other branch of vampire hunters." I admitted. "We do a lot of things differently to places like America. Like we call the vampire hunters 'agents'. It is kinda ridiculous to be honest."
The other man in the car laughed along with me.

"So I haven't been told who I am working with." I stated, "or much about what I am even doing here. Only that it has something to do with a vampire from Europe called Herobrine."
The brunette sent me a smile. "You will be working with several vampire hunters. They go by the codenames Dream, Sapnap, and Quackity, and a scientist named George Davidson."

I nodded at his explanation and was about to ask more when the car slowed to a stop outside of a nice looking house. "This is the place that you will be staying." the brunette stated, stepping out of the car as I grabbed my suitcase out of the backseat.

The outside of the house was quite nice. Just like back in the UK, the people working for COMVIP get provided with a place to live, but they actually got their own houses while we just ended up with mainly apartments.

"I never asked your name by the way." I stated as I ran up the steps to stand by the taller. "Well your codename. You know mine but I don't know yours."
"Oh of course." The man stated. "I go by the codename Hero."

"Hero..." I took a moment to think that over, it was quite strange but I wasn't going to say that to him. "It's an interesting codename, how did you choose it?"
"Well me and my partner during initiation were best friends and rivals, so I chose Hero and he chose Villain. They are kinda dumb choices now though."

Hero laughed as he said that, and I couldn't help but laugh with him. "Well my partner also has a weird codename. I ended up with a newby, 17 years old who chose the name Innit as a codename. I know that someday he'll regret something like that. Heck, he keeps talking about all the cool nicknames he has for himself, don't see why he didn't pick one of them though."

"Really?" Hero said, continuing to laugh. "I don't think I could deal with a teenager, is it difficult to put up with him?"
For a moment I thought, sometimes it is. "Well it really depends, he still doesn't take his job seriously."

"God I could not be bothered dealing with someone like that 24/7." the brunette stated.
"Well it isn't 24/7. Since he also isn't an adult he had to go back to live with his parents after training, if the kid is under 18 when they complete it they live with them again and move in with their partner when they become an adult."

Hero unlocked the door before letting us inside. The interior was nice and I looked around the room. There was a room connected which was a living room and dining room combined. There was a hallway with several rooms off of it.

"Is my room down there?" I asked the other vampire hunter, and he nodded.
"Yeah. Down the hall and the second door on the right." He responded, and I began walking towards the door he indicated too, carrying my suitcase behind me.

I was just outside of the door he had directed me to and opened it. My eyes widened in surprise when it was a closet full of cleaning supplies. Just as I was about to turn around to see if I was in the wrong room a strong force pushed me against the back wall.

Immediately my combat training kicked in and I tried to fight whoever was pinning me off. However, every move I made was blocked by them. The person who had pinned me there put one arm over my back so I couldn't fight back and grabbed my hair forcefully in his hand.

From the corner of my eyes I could see Hero there, he was the one pinning me to the wall and it all suddenly clicked for me. His name was Hero. I was sent here to research a vampire named Herobrine.

"You are the vampire that I was sent here to help find." I stated, while still sounding slightly unsure of myself. "Aren't you?"
"Yes." The man... vampire responded with a smug look on his face. "I am surprised it took you this long to figure it out. I thought vampire hunters would be a lot smarter."

"Well usually vampire's aren't dumb enough to let vampire hunters into their house." I retorted.
"Don't worry. Soon you won't be a vampire hunter. You'll be a vampire too." My eyes widened and I began struggling more before I felt him bite his sharp fangs into the back of my neck.
_________________________________________
1285 words.