Chapter 23: A new vampire

Wilbur POV.

After he bit me I fell to the ground unable to fight him. Herobrine stood back, as I attempted to weakly crawl somewhere, anywhere. He didn’t try to stop me and eventually I gave up with a huff, leaning against the wall as he watched me with a smirk. My legs were too weak to walk on.

I glared at him as he watched my pathetic display. My eyes widened as I realised something, I wasn’t itching to follow his command, and I didn’t feel any more vampire-ry. “Aren’t I supposed to be a vampire now?” I questioned, not caring if he heard.

“Nah.” The brunette responded. “It is like a virus. Takes a while to take effect. But after less than an hour, you’ll be changed for the better. At least for me it’ll be for the better.”
I snorted. “You know for a dangerous immortal vampire you don’t act like one. I expected you to be more… snobbish, like a mafia leader or something.”

“Yeah, but a mafia boss, even if they aren’t a vampire, gets targeted by other mafia’s, cops, FBI, stuff like that. After over 400 years, I’ve learned to blend in.” he stated nonchalantly.
“Most vampires get caught after around 100 years.” I muttered to myself, remembering what I had learned in training.

“Have you been turning vampires all of this time? Or just starting to turn people into vampires again when I showed up?” I questioned through gritted teeth.
“It has been happening for a long time,” Herobrine answered, and I looked up at him. He had grabbed a chair and was now sitting down on it and facing me.

“I am quite careful with who I choose to turn into vampires, not like other vampires.” I noticed him reaching up to move something out of his eye, I’m assuming contacts. “Anyway, every person I turn I am smart about. Businessmen, hackers, coders, policemen, government officials, and in your case, people who have access to the Citadel.”

“So you are turning people into vampires to what? Overthrow the government?”
“That is a long term plan.” Herobrine muttered, “I would have done it years ago if COMVIP wasn’t founded. So I needed you to help overthrow them and spy for me.”

“You seem to have forgotten the fact that both EHVTM and COMVIP know that I am missing, they’ll be looking for me already.” I gave a satisfied smirk knowing I had one.
“Actually I don’t think so.” Herobrine smirked. “You see the thing with hackers is they can intercept emails telling you when to go to America to send you over early.”

Damn it I was doing shit at my job. Overpowered by a vampire when I have training which should help me, and not knowing a fake message when I get one. All of the messages that got sent by any vampire citadel on the planet were sent 3 days before you were needed somewhere.

“So what is your plan?” I questioned, finally getting a look at him as he got both of his contacts out. I stared into his eyes, his milky, white, pupiless eyes. I tried to look unfazed as I stared at him.
“It is simple I guess. I could explain to you now. Not like you’ll tell anyone.” He hummed.

“I have a lot of vampire’s loyal to me, and a lot of them have been taken to that place under COMVIP, I believe it’s called the Vault.” Herobrine explained. “I have taken over some members of COMVIP, but none are as high ranking as you are Soot. I could have you suck up to workers there and get access to the vault.”

“You arousing me to sneak into the vault and bust out your friends?” I questioned, and Herobrine’s eyes seemingly glowed as he laughed.
“They are not my friends. They are just… Useful to me. They have been loyal for years.” The brunette stated, showing no actual care for the captured vampires.

“And what if I get caught while doing your bidding?” You will not be able to do anything then will you?” I felt proud that in this moment of me being powerless I could at least hold a flaw in his plan over his head.

“Every plan has a few failures. You can’t make an omelette without breaking a few eggs. You know all those things that people say.” Herobrine stated, making random gestures with his hands as he did.

“But if it works then you could be my right hand man. Vampires always were more advanced than humans. They are like pigs to us. They are only able to be useful for meat, or in their case blood. I don’t see why your stupid vampire citadels ever tried to change what was only natural, if we were created to be stronger than that is how it should be.”

I stopped listening to him going on about how vampires should take over the world, instead focusing on trying to figure out how to get out of this situation. I’ve been in worse situations than this… right?

Yes, I have. Like that time when a vampire had infiltrated the police station and began turning prisoners. Or that time, my first case with Tommy when the blond was almost turned into a vampire while chasing a vampire into a bar.

Wait, who the fuck am I kidding? I was sitting in a vampire’s house, slowly turning into a vampire and beginning to lose my own sense of freewill. There was like 5 minutes left before I became a vampire, then Herobrine would control me and make me turn against what I believed in.

“Why were you telling me everything?” I asked, wanting to ask it before I turned into a vampire at least. “What if I tell COMVIP, they’ll stop you before you do shit.”
“It’s fine. Just thought it would be funny to see how you reacted. Not as fun as I had hoped.”

Herobrine huffed, his eyes seeming to darken. “Also I think it is pointless to not explain this at all, after I put so much effort into this plan. I get no reaction if I explain this to a vampire… speaking of which.”

The man smirked as he grabbed a bag of blood which he had moved to sit beside him. I couldn’t help but stare intently at it while licking my lips. He grabbed a bowl and poured the contents of the blood bag into it.

My pupils dilated as I stared at the blood in the bowl. He slid it in front of me and I stared at it. I wanted to drink it, my body was yearning to be able to drink the crimson coloured liquid. But I refused to drink it until the vampire in front of me let me.

Herobrine just watched me curiously to see what I was doing. My eyes stayed on him and I didn’t dare move as he gave me a satisfied smile. “You can drink it if you want.” The vampire stated, and I eagerly put the bowl up to my mouth and drank it.

When the bowl was empty, and I had licked away all remnants I looked back up to him, panting slightly. “Now I have my newest vampire. I think you’ll be quite useful Wilbur.”
_________________________________________
1228 words.