Chapter 44: a weird relationship

I think I was high or something when I wrote this chapter but meh.
_________________________________________
Nick POV.

I watched out the window waiting for Karl, with Alex beside me. After what felt like hours we saw the brunette walking down the road. I resisted the urge to run out and crush him in a hug, feeling so glad he was safe.

For a while we waited as he walked closer to the motel, crossed the road, and walked across the parking lot to our room, with both Alex and I being extremely impatient. When the vampire stepped inside he immediately was pulled into a hug which seemed to shock him.

"Hi guys," he muttered, while being pushed between us. "Did you miss me?" he asked with a light chuckle. "I was gone for an hour."
"I know, but vampires are dangerous. You could have been dead by then." I muttered, and although Quackity stayed quiet he gave a small nod in agreement which Karl didn't see.

"Firstly, I am a vampire and that is offensive." Karl began, pushing me away playfully. "Secondly, do you really have that little faith in me?"
"No, I do have faith." I responded, "I just didn't want you to get hurt for something that was my idea, although I could blame Alex."

Karl giggled which made me smile. "Why are you back so early Karl?" Alex asked, and I sent him a look telling him to be quiet, but he didn't listen. "I'm not being an asshole when I say that," Alex continued while sending me a look, "just figured you would want to be out exploring or whatever for another hour at least."

"It's because he misses us, or at least he missed me. I am not too sure of his opinions on you." I teased, and Karl shook his head.
"I just found out some stuff and wanted to tell you both before I got dragged into too much crazy shit by the vampires there."

"Well if there is nothing else you want to do we can go home and come back tomorrow." Alex suggested, and Karl nodded, grabbing his bag of clothes.
"I thought I was meant to be staying here, that is what Nick said at least." Karl stated, it was unclear if he was directing it at us or talking to himself.

"You aren't staying here because when Nick said that he forgot about the tracker in your neck, and this place deserves to be burnt down." Alex stated and once again Karl laughed.
I walked over and grabbed Karl's bag for him, deciding to be helpful. The vampire gave me a smile before we went to get in the car.

I climbed into the backseat with Karl's stuff and Alex and Karl climbed into the front seats. We drove for a while before eventually getting home and sitting on the couches in the living room, since Alex and I wanted to find out what Karl had learned.

Turns out Karl learnt a lot of interesting things. Including vampires often take humans and other animals for a supply of blood whenever they want, and they seem to have developed their own community in abandoned buildings around the area, besides some who live in different parts of the city.

As Karl talked Alex scribbled everything down on a piece of paper and once the brunette was done my partner sent the information to Clay and George on a group text. The pair of us considered telling Wilbur but eventually decided not to, since we didn't know him really well.

"Can I go back to the vampire place tomorrow?" The brunette vampire asked, which surprised Alex and I slightly.
"Really? Are you sure?" Quackity asked, and I was thinking the same thing.
Karl nodded. "A few of the people there were nice, and I want to hang out with them again."

"I'll be fine, you two can trust me." Karl added with a shrug when he saw that Alex and I looked extremely skeptical.
"Are you sure Karl?" I asked, "it could be dangerous and we don't want you to get hurt." I leaned on him as I said that and my heart leapt when he leaned back onto me.

"Don't worry I can handle myself." The vampire murmured, "and it is nice not having to stay in the house all day. I feel freer."
Alex and I exchanged eye contact and he gave a nod. "Fine Karl," I said afterwards. "Tomorrow we will take you back, but we are not spending however long you take in that shitty motel."

"Deal." Karl giggled, before giving me a kiss on the cheek which made me freeze. "Thank you for being so nice." He muttered, before turning to Alex and doing the same. His brain caught up with him shortly after that and he blushed.

"I-uh..." he looked away, unable to speak and Alex and I chuckled.
"Karl, are you embarrassed?" I teased, and the brunette vampire looked back at me and glared for a moment before looking away again. After a moment there was a mumbled 'I'm sorry', before he stood up to leave the room.

Alex grabbed his arm to stop him, causing the vampire to blush more before trying to pull himself from Alex's grasp. Karl sighed in defeat when he couldn't and bit his lip while looking at us before sitting back down on the couch between us. "I'm sorry that I did that," he muttered, "I didn't mean to kiss you."

"It's fine." I cooed, putting a hand on his hips, "you don't have to apologise for anything, I was fine with it. Alex probably is too."
"I definitely was." Alex said with a smirk. "In fact I would be fine if we did that again." he hummed.

Karl blushed, bringing his knees up to his chest and hiding his face. I let out a light chuckle and took one of the vampire's hands, bringing it up to my lips and kissing it softly. Then I gently moved it again over to Alex and he kissed it too.

The vampire squeezed my hand tightly and his breath hitched. I let go of his hand and looked to see him blushing. When he looked up he was bright red. "That was..." he trailed off, "I-uh never kissed 2 guys before. Even on the cheek or on the hand."

"Well did you like it Karl?" Alex asked, leaning close and kissing the side of Karl's face.
"I don't... I mean... I-uh..." the brunette turned and buried his head in my shirt before nodding slightly.

"Aww," I cooed, before getting a light slap on the shoulder from the vampire.
"If you 'aww' me again I will suck all of your blood out." He grumbled, which caused me to ruffle his hair playfully.

For a moment he glared at me before sighing and kissing me on the cheek and standing up. He walked into his bedroom and shut the door. "That's rude." Alex muttered, and I sent him a confused look, "he didn't kiss me before he left. I mean why do you get a kiss after he threatens you, but I get none."

When I looked over at his expression I couldn't help but laugh slightly before responding with a playful insult. "I'm not surprised Q, you look like a frog."
"Well when you kiss a frog they turn into a prince, however you just turn into a horny asshole. I think I'm the better of the 2 options." My partner responded.

"You can't act like you are not horny 24/7." I responded, narrowing my eyes.
Once again Alex opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by Karl. "Can you guys keep it down out there?" he asked, "I wanna go to sleep but can't with you two bickering like a married couple."

"Firstly it is 3 in the afternoon, and secondly we'd be a happy married couple if you were married with us." Alex called out, and I heard Karl try to splutter out a reply before giving up and shutting the door.

The 2 of us sat in silence for a while before getting bored and deciding it would be fun for us to annoy Dream.
_________________________________________
1367 words.