Chapter 64: Puppeteer

Karl POV.

"The sooner we get back and tell the councillors about Wilbur, the sooner we can clear everyone's names." George stated, and the rest of the group gave a nod in agreement.
Before we got anywhere a chilling voice spoke from behind us. "You guys won't be warning anybody about anything."

We all spun around to see the face I'd grown to loathe in less than a week. A smirk was plastered on his face and his pupil-less eyes shone with anger and evil. Herobrine gave us all a harsh smile but it felt mainly focused on me.

When the brunette spoke however he didn't direct it to me, instead looking past me to my boyfriends, and over to Dream and George. "So you must be the COMVIP employees assigned to catch me, some of the best in the country. It's a pleasure to meet you after all, I've heard so much about you 4."

Then he turned his attention to the vampires and gave a pitiful sigh. "The 4 of you I am disappointed in, betraying your own kind to befriend the people who kill us, and capture us and strip away our free wills for decades just because we have fangs and walk down the street. I expected better of you all."

"We try to kill you?" George retorted. "We aren't the ones who have travelled over 2 continents killing people every time we get thirsty."
Herobrine's gaze snapped back to George. "It is rude to speak when you aren't being spoken to." The brunette tutted. "Wilbur, if you don't mind."

With the slight movement of his wrist another familiar face appeared out of nowhere, as if he had been waiting in the shadows for his cue. Wilbur grabbed George tightly, pulling him towards Herobrine and away from the rest of us.

"Let him go." Dream responded, pulling out a gun from his pocket and aiming it at Wilbur.
"That won't work, lover boy," was the response Herobrine gave him. "Wilbur only listens to me, I can have him kill your boyfriend in an instant, but that wouldn't benefit anyone will it?"

"I'm not fucking around." The blond continued, turning his gun on Herobrine instead. "If Wilbur doesn't care about his own life then maybe he'll care about yours."
"That won't work either." He turned his attention off of Clay. "Wilbur, if he shoots me I want you to kill his boyfriend." Then his attention was back on Clay.

None of us knew what to do, we just watched Herobrine as he stared down Dream, with every passing second the blond began shaking slightly, his gaze darting between watching the vampire in front of him and the one holding his boyfriend beside him.

Eventually the brunette vampire got bored and turned his attention off of Dream and towards me. "Karl, you know how I said that I thought you were familiar? Well I finally think I figured it out." He said, and my eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"This seems like one of the situations where a demonstration is better than an explanation. So that is what you will get." Herobrine's smirk fell as he turned to look at Wilbur. "Put him down, we don't need him." he instructed, and on command George was pushed to the ground.

Dream made a motion to run and get George but froze when Wilbur barred his fangs at him, a form of warning of what would happen if he stepped too close.
"I want you to kill them..." Herobrine stated, gesturing loosely in the direction of the group. What scared me more was when he turned to me and finished his sentence. "...both of you, kill them."

It was as if I lost control of my body as I turned to look at Sapnap and Quackity, who looked at me when they felt my eyes on them. Without giving them a second to react I took a swing at them, which hit Sapnap in the arm.

He backed up and quickly examined the wound which was turning red, and I started closing the distance between myself and him again. "Karl, what are you doing?" Quackity asked, backing up as well and at the sound of his voice I turned to look at him and growled.