Chapter 45: pizza

I'm writing chapter 54 currently and holy shit it gets interesting if I do say so myself.

Also how the fuck have we gotten to chapter 45 already? It simultaneously feels a lot longer and a lot shorter.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

I curled up on my bed and grabbed my phone from my pocket, the light from my screen making my face glow in the dark room. My face was bright red as I began scrolling through Twitter, still remembering how I kissed both Alex and Nick.

That was a really dumb decision, they were my friends and I kissed them, that was not a good idea. What if I ruined my friendship with them?
I wanted to talk to someone, but I couldn’t obviously talk to them about it. As amazing as Nick and Alex were with being my friend they were kinda dumb.

So I changed from scrolling through social media and looked under my contacts. There were 4 numbers, and half of them were the pair of vampire hunters so that didn’t leave me with a lot of options.

That gave me 2 choices, the first was Clay, another vampire hunter who was best friends with Nick. Or, George. I felt like I knew him a lot better than I knew Clay, even though I’ve known them for about the same amount of time.

There was also Bad, the vampire that I met today. He seemed like he’d be good with relationships, and I felt like it would be more confidential with him than it would be with most of my other options. Sadly, I didn’t have his number for now, and doubted I’d be allowed to get a blood bartender’s phone number so my first option was George.

I clicked on his contact and called him, it rang a couple of times before the brunette answered me. He answered the phone asking who this was, which made sense because he probably didn’t know Nick had sneaked me a work phone.

“Hey George, it’s me Karl.” I said with a small smile to have someone to talk to even though I know that he couldn’t see this.
“Oh, hi Karl. What did you need?” the doctor questioned.
“Uh… well it is hard to say.” I muttered.

“Really? Do you want to tell me over the phone or… if you want to talk I could come over.” He offered, and I giggled without realising.
“You sound like a therapist.” I managed to get out between laughs, and the brunette eventually joined in with my laughter.

“Well I would probably need a lot of therapists if I lived with Nick and Alex. You are an inspiration for putting up with them. Maybe if you wanted we could go to get a pizza or something?” I smiled at what he was offering before muttering a response.
“Yeah, it would be good to talk to someone.”

George promised that he’d be there soon and then he hung up. I smiled at him. The brunette was a good friend, just like Nick and Alex were but in a different way. It was hard to understand but I just felt glad I had someone to talk to.

George POV.

Clay and I were curled up cuddling. I was sitting on the bed while reading and the blond had his head on my lap while he scrolled through his phone. It was a peaceful afternoon but we both enjoyed being in each other's company, and as I read I ran my hand through the blonds hair, playing with it mindlessly.

This morning the two of us had been at the beach, a place we both loved. It was just so different to how the rest of our week was, with both of us working at a busy Citadel, where Clay was always planning to catch vampires and I was often cooped up in my lab. But on the weekends we got to hang out as more than colleagues, it is easier to hang out as boyfriends.

Suddenly my phone rang and the blond in my lap groaned, annoyed that our peaceful afternoon was ruined by one phone call, the clingy mother fucker. It was an unknown number but I just decided to answer anyway.

“Hello, George speaking. Who is this?” I asked, and a familiar voice answered.
“Hey George, it’s me Karl.” the brunette vampire said quietly.
“Oh, hi Karl. What did you need?” I asked, and Clay adjusted himself in my lap so his eyes met mine.

“Uh… well it is hard to say.” Karl’s voice got quieter as he said that and my expression fell slightly, was he feeling worried about this?
“Really? Do you want to tell me over the phone or… if you want to talk I could come over.”
“You sound like a therapist.” The brunette laughed from the other end of the line.

We both laughed and my boyfriend raised an eyebrow, wondering what I was laughing about. “Well I would probably need a lot of therapists if I lived with Nick and Alex. You are an inspiration for putting up with them.” I responded, and even though Clay didn’t know who I was talking to he chuckled too.

“Maybe if you wanted we could go to get a pizza or something?” I offered, and Clay looked at me offended. ‘I thought we were cuddling’ he mouthed, and I rolled my eyes before looking away.
“Yeah, it would be good to talk to someone.” Karl responded.

“Okay, well I can come over now if you want.” I said with a smile. Karl gave a small yes and so I responded saying, “see you later.”
When I hung up my boyfriend looked up at me from his place on my lap.

“What?” I asked, raising an eyebrow at him.
“I thought we were going to have a date tonight, nice dinner, movie, cuddles, sex. And now you are ditching me for Karl. You’re so mean.” The blond pouted.

I leaned down and kissed his forehead, causing a small smile to light up his face. “I will go get some pizza with Karl and then I’ll be back in an hour or so, then we can…”
“Have sex?” he asked, and I sighed.
“If it will get you to shut up then I’ll say maybe to sex. I’ll see you later.”

After I said that I pushed the blond off of me and stood up, brushing my clothes down for a moment. Clay sat up and watched me from the bed with a pout still on his face as I slipped my shoes on before kissing him on the face again and walking out of the room with a goodbye.

As I walked to the garage where my car was parked I pulled out my phone and called Sapnap, he answered after a few rings and I told him I was going to take Karl for a pizza. I heard the ravenette talking with Alex in the background before saying that he’d ask Karl, before hanging up.

I didn’t bother waiting for them to call back with the vampire’s response because I knew what the answer was going to be. So I just climbed into the car and began driving to Alex and Nick’s home.
_________________________________________
1209 words