Chapter 58: The escape alert

Quackity POV.

A quartet of Citadel guards accompanied us upstairs to the councillors, making sure we didn't run off or anything. Since the elevator was overpacked with employees we had to go up the stairs, feeling extremely awkward as we passed Dream and George in the staircase.

When we reached the floor just below the councillors we were taken down a hallway to a room for questioning. It was small and illuminated with a bright light that flickered occasionally. There was a metal table with 3 chairs, 2 on one side of the table and one on the other. Nick and I were told to sit down before we were handcuffed to our seats

We just watched as the guards left the room, hearing the lock in the door click. We both let out a small sigh as we looked around the room. When we bring in vampires that might help us with a bigger case (like the female vampire who first helped us learn about Herobrine) they get brought in here to be questioned, but Nick and I have never been on this side of the glass.

The room was pretty much bland, with the table and chairs being the only bit of furniture. There was also a one way mirror and a security camera, but you couldn't really consider either of them furniture.

I leaned closer to Sapnap when we were along. "What is going to happen to Karl?" I whisper-shouted to him.
His eyes widened for a moment before he calmed down. "Dream and George can, they'd look after him, you know they would."

Before either of us could respond the door opened and Philza walked in. It looked like he hadn't slept in ages, and barely even sent us a glance as he sat down, which was completely out of character for him.

"You two have a lot of explaining to do." He stated in a near emotionless voice. "A lot of people died and you two could be held responsible if you don't give us enough proof that the pair of you and your vampire are innocent, all 3 of you can be locked up." Nick and I exchanged an awkward glance, and saw a sympathetic smile from the blond opposite us for a moment.

Dream POV.
A few hours ago

George was sleeping on my chest, with my arms wrapped around him protectively. His hair fell messily onto my bare chest as he smiled slightly. One hand was on his upper back while the other was running through his hair.

We had the day off so the 2 of us decided to have a movie marathon. He'd fallen asleep and I hadn't done that yet, so instead as I felt myself drifting off I rubbed small circles on his back and ran my fingers through his hair.

My eyes finally shut and I felt myself getting close to falling asleep when suddenly 2 phones sent out an annoying sound, an alert which made George bolt up in surprise and I let out an annoyed groan. The brunette grabbed his phone as a female robotic voice sounded out.

'Attention all COMVIP employees, due to a recent emergency everyone is required to report to the Citadel in less than an hour or you may be associated with emergency.'

George's eyes widened and he immediately climbed off of me to get ready before returning into the room when he saw that I hadn't moved. "Come on Clay, we have to go." He stated, and I groaned before rolling over.

"I can't." I responded, before feeling a dip in the bed and a pair of arms wrapped around my chest. His head was beside me and he kissed my cheek gently.
"Come on, we have to go." He stated, and I grumbled quietly before sitting up.

My hair was still messy as I climbed into the car 10 minutes later, having changed my sweatpants for jeans and pulling a black hoodie over my green shirt. George had pulled some black pants and just kept my green hoodie on.

When we got to the Citadel people were running everywhere, some were silent and others were whispering to each other, probably trying to guess what was going on. We all assembled in the library, since it was 2 stories and the biggest room. Pretty much all 280 workers were there. All the councillors. All the vampire hunters. All the scientists. All the guards. And all of the janitors.

On the second floor looking down on everyone were 7 of the 8 councillors, with just Punz missing. There was chatter between all of the people until Techno let out a whistle getting everyone's attention.

Even though Techno was the one to get everyone's attention, Philza spoke up. "Attention everyone." He spoke in a loud voice. "We have to announce that in the early hours of this morning 30 vampires were broken out of the vault and are currently missing."

Whispers immediately began spreading throughout the room. No vampire has ever managed to escape the vault before. Before the whispers could spiral too much Foolish began talking. "Punz is contacting police to begin searching for the vampires and evacuating people in the areas we think they are heading to."

Puffy continued. "It immediately became clear that an employee has helped with the escape, and so we are going to be questioning all employees to find any possible suspects, although we already have a few we are convinced of."

Everyone was confused, looking around at all their co-workers suspiciously. Finally Schlatt spoke, "anybody who tries to leave the Citadel will be stopped unless they have been given permission by a councillor. We will call you when we are ready to question you."

Before anyone could move, Philza spoke again. "First up we would like to see George Davidson, and Dream." he stated, and I felt eyes on us as the councillors looked down at us before we both headed for a set of stairs nearby.

"So you guys are going to be questioning us first?" my boyfriend asked, as we followed behind Philza, and he gave a shrug.
"Yes, but not about breaking into the Citadel. There is someone else we want to question you about." He stated in an ominous way.

"Who do you want to question us about?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
"That vampire that Sapnap and Quackity have as a roommate." Minx stated. "We want to know what he's like."

"Well Karl is incredibly nice." George offered, "he is friendly and polite too, and I even consider him my friend."
"Are you sure that your friendship is genuine?" Eret asked. "There is always a possibility he is manipulating you."

"He wouldn't do that." The brunette reassured the councillors. "Believe me he is not like what you think. But... may I ask why this is so important now?"
"We believe he might be a part of the 'prison break', he might have used Sapnap and Quackity to break them out." Puffy explained, letting out a small sigh as she did.

"They wouldn't do that." I promised her, while raising my voice. "I've known Sapnap since I started here and he wouldn't do something like that. Same with Quackity."
"I know, I know." She stated, trying to get me to quieten down. "There is just a lot of evidence which might say differently."

"And what evidence is that?" I asked suspiciously, and I felt George's eyes burn into me as he sent me a look.
"Well we checked the tracker and he has been in the East side of the city several times." Minx spoke up. "Plus, neither Sapnap or Quackity have turned up, they might have run off."

"They wouldn't have done that." George said quietly, shaking his head.
Puffy sighed. "Well with vampires and those who they've turned we can never be sure."
_________________________________________
1318 words.