Chapter 63: reunited

Final chapter tomorrow.
_________________________________________
Karl POV

Nobody came near me as I ran the rest of the way that Dream directed me, so after a few minutes of running I slowed down to a walk, deciding to save my energy in case somebody started chasing me or something.

I had thought that Nick and Alex would have been with Dream, but they weren’t, and I was worried that something had happened to the pair of them. Those guards who had taken me and my friends earlier had also taken all of our phones, and so I didn’t have any way of contacting them and seeing if they were alright, which put me even more on edge.

After continuing for a while, while still being confused about where I was going since I wasn’t as good with directions as Skeppy was. However I eventually managed to reach the street and recognised the shitty motel opposite it.

There was a black car there, and I saw a familiar brunette in the front seat. Before I ran over to him I looked around to see if anyone was nearby before sprinting across the deserted street. George saw me and gave a smile, stepping out of the car before looking back inside and saying something to someone else. I desperately hoped he was talking to Nick or Alex.

And he was. After George stood back up the back seats doors opened and Nick climbed out, his face lighting up as he saw me and Quackity stepped out behind them. When I reached the pair I was enveloped in their arms and bombarded with kisses to the side of my face.

“Thank god you are here Karl, we were so worried.” Sapnap stated, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close. “We thought you were going to be taken to the Citadel vault and we’d never see you again.”
“I thought I’d lose you too.” I murmured, feeling tears roll down my cheeks.

“Sapnap, Quackity, are you two crying?” George asked, suppressing a chuckle, and getting the pair to glare at him.
“I know you think we are godly and we aren’t scared of anything but we can cry.” Quackity stated. “We almost lost our boyfriend, I think we are allowed to cry for him.”

At the shorter’s comment I let out a chuckle, before nuzzling into his neck. “You three should stop hanging around and get into the car, we don’t want to risk any of you being seen.” George stated, and after a few grumbles from all 3 of us we let go of each other before sliding into the back seat.

Alex was on one side of me and Nick was on the other and the 3 of us cuddled each other. Even though we were only separated for 4 hours it felt like ages and none of us wanted to let go of the others.

“What happened to you guys?” I asked them both quietly, while my head was resting on the ravenette’s chest. “How come you weren’t with Dream hunting vampires?”
“Well it is a long story.” Quackity stated, running his fingers through my hair from his spot resting his head on my upper back.

“We have time,” I responded, “since we’ll probably have to wait until a lot of the COMVIP employees are gone to sneak off.”
“Fine,” Quackity responded. “We’ll tell you.”

“When we got into work this morning apparently an alert had been sent out to all employees to get in earlier because some vampires got broken out of the vault, with some help from the staff at the Citadel. Nick and I weren’t sent the alert and so we were immediately suspects, that and the fact that we live with a vampire.” Quackity explained.

“The 2 of us were taken and questioned and eventually they were convinced that we had a hand in breaking the vampires out and were left in the interrogation room.” Sapnap continued.
George smirked as he glanced back. “I had to break them out, but these 2 were useless the entire time.”

The brunette in the front seat and I started laughing before Sapnap and Quackity began shouting out protests, however their protests only made us laugh more. They 2 of us continued to laugh for a few minutes before Sapnap decided to ask what had happened with me. “Well it is also kinda long.”

“We told you about us getting accused of betraying the company we worked for, you have to tell us about what happened to you.” Sapnap stated, before kissing the side of my face.
“Fine.” I responded. “Basically when I got to the warehouse there were a bunch of vampires gathered, and I was told that Herobrine was going to be making an announcement.”

“What was the announcement?” Quackity asked.
“The vampires breaking into the Citadel.” Nick, George, and I all answered at the same time.
“Just asking.” Quackity muttered, “it could have been something different.” He looked around before sighing. “Just continue Karl.”

I gave a nod and did so, “well Herobrine said that they did something in the early hours of the morning, and that all the vampires should celebrate. Then less than 10 minutes later everyone was yelling and running around and there were the people in the black and light blue uniforms trying to grab us.”

There was a silence for a moment and my eyebrows furrowed before they widened. “Wait a minute, what did you guys say about the break in? What were you told exactly?”
Both of my boyfriends seemed confused but George answered. “That there was someone who helped the vampires escape.” He stated.

And then I shook my head. “It isn’t someone.” I said. “There were 2 people, I heard him say that there were 2 people from the Citadel… and the British vampire he had as a servant thing was gone. I think maybe he was one of them.”

“British vampire?” George asked, sounding confused. I gave him a nod.
“Herobrine had someone working for him, but I didn’t see him today… I think maybe he was a part of the break in. Actually, yeah. I think I overheard Herobrine talking about how the British vampire was undercover to one of his friends.”

“Well George, you’re British. Who could it be?” Sapnap asked, sitting up straighter.
“Do you just assume I have a record of everyone British in the Citadel?” George retorted, and the ravenette just shrugged. George looked back at me, “what did the British vampire look like?”

For a moment I tried to remember, before recounting it. “He had brown hair and was wearing a yellow shirt when I saw him, along with a beanie similar to Alex’s but red.”
“That’s Wilbur.” George responded immediately, and my boyfriend's faces contorted into angry glares.

“I’m going to kill him the second we get back.” Quackity growled.
“Just him?” I asked. “What about the other guy?”
“We’ll deal with it later.” George responded. “That should be Dream there.” he pointed at one of the citadel trucks as it pulled to a stop in the car park beside our car.

Sure enough, the blond pulled off his mask and gave us a smile. He climbed out of the car and went to the back of the truck, opening the doors and stepping inside. A moment later 4 confused looking vampires stood out, raising their still cuffed hands to shield themselves from the bright light.

When I saw them I jumped out of the car and ran over to them. The 4 vampires looked confused, glancing from Dream to me, to the other people in the car. “Karl?” Bad asked, sounding confused.
I gave a nod. “Yeah, it’s me.” I answered. “And we’re free.”

“What do you mean we’re free?” Ranboo asked as Dream began undoing his handcuffs, followed by Tubbo’s handcuffs.
“We are free to go. These are my friends, they can help us out of here.” I stated, beckoning to George and Dream.

“And if those are your friends then who are they?” Skeppy asked, pointing at Nick and Alex who walked to stand behind me.
“Well… these are my boyfriends that I told you about.” I muttered, before raising my voice. “This is Alex and Nick, and those 2 are Dream and George.” I introduced.

“We’ll do introductions later.” The blond stated. “For now we have to get out of here and get back to the Citadel and warn them about Wilbur.”
“Wilbur? Do you mean the weirdo who works for Herobrine?” Skeppy asked, and I nodded.
“He is a vampire hunter.” Quackity explained. “Or I guess he was a double agent vampire.”

“That doesn’t matter.” George growled, “the sooner we get back and tell the councillors about Wilbur, the sooner we can clear everyone's names.”
Before we got anywhere a chilling voice spoke from behind us. “You guys won’t be warning anybody about anything.”
_________________________________________
1490 words.