Chapter 46: the diner

Just realised of all the DNF stories I have written that God's is going to be the first one where Clay has a bigger part than George.

In all my other stories (Bodyguard, Demons, Hunger Games, and even Rich Romance) the main character is always Gogy.
_________________________________________
Karl POV.

There was a knock on my bedroom door and since I couldn’t be bothered yelling out for whoever was there to come in, I stood up and opened the door. Nick was there holding his phone and I raised an eyebrow. “Hey Nick, can I help you?” I questioned, feeling my cheeks heat up at the memory of what we did earlier.

“Yeah, George was wondering if you wanted to go for pizza or something,” the ravenette stated, his expression making it seem that he had either ignored everything that had happened or had forgotten it.
I nodded. “I’ll go get pizza with George, that’ll be nice.” I said with a smile.

Nick gave a small smile back, “he’ll be here in a minute or so, if you want to come wait in the living room, or outside.”
I gave a nod, grabbing some money that had been sitting in one of my hoodies since before I came here, and pocketed it as I walked out of the room and past the ravenette.

I sat at the table looking out the window while watching for any sign of George. Nick walked past me and went back to the couch to sit beside Alex. The pair of them were watching TV but I knew they were glancing at me occasionally.

After a while of me watching cars drive past the windows, one stopped outside of the house and I knew it was George. So I stood up and smiled at Nick and Alex as I headed outside and saw George through the window. I sat down in the passenger seat and he smiled at me.

“Hey Karl.'' The brunette greeted me. “How was your day hanging out with these dimwits? Alex and Nick are hard enough to put up with at work, but you put up with them much longer.”
I laughed quietly, “they aren’t that bad… I guess...Alex and Nick are nice.”

“For your sake I hope they are.” George said with a smile. I nodded and glanced out the window to see Nick and Alex watching me quietly from the window. When my eyes met theirs I gave them a small wave just as George drove off.

“So how is it with you and Dream?” I questioned as we drove down the street.
“Oh, the two of us are going well.” George gave a small smile as he thought about his blond boyfriend. “To be honest though, he is probably pissed I left to come and hang out with you.”
“Really? You chose to hang out with me over your boyfriend?” I asked.

“Calm down, he’s clingy, he’ll be fine after a movie and some cuddles.” George shrugged it off without taking his eyes off the road.
For a while there was a content silence between us. “So where are we going?” I questioned a moment later.

“There is this 50s diner that is near the Citadel. It has the best pizza in all of Florida.” The brunette explained. “I went there all of the time back when I first started working at the Citadel a couple of years ago. One day I ran into Clay there, I recognised him from work and the pair of us became friends, then boyfriends.”

“That sounds nice. A-actually… that is what I wanted to talk to you about…” I stated. “But let’s wait to talk about it at the diner.”
A few minutes later the car slowed to a stop in a car park sandwiched between 2 brick apartment buildings.

George led me out of the car park and along the path to a small diner. There was a neon sign in blue letters displaying the name of the diner ‘the golden ages’. It was a corny name but I didn’t mind as the brunette led me inside.

There was a checkerboard floor which shined enough for me to see my reflection in. There were some booths made of light blue leather which could probably fit 8 people at once. A curved counter was along the wall connecting to the kitchen, with some barstools around it. The place was nearly empty except for a dozen customers.

Most of them were couples sharing milkshakes or people on their own reading newspapers. I looked around for a few moments before noticing George heading over to a booth beside the window. So I followed him and sat opposite him in the booth.

“So what did you want to talk about Karl?” George asked me. “Unless you wanted to just hang out which is also fine.”
“Well… I think that I might like Nick and Alex, and I don’t know what to do. You seem like the best person when it comes to relationship advice.” I muttered the last part.

“I might not be the best for that kind of advice.” The brunette stated. “But I could give you a little bit of advice I guess.”
Before I could respond a waitress walked over to our table. “Hello, can I take your order this evening?” she asked.

“Can we get 2 pizzas and some fries please?” George asked, and the waitress nodded, scribbling it down on a notepad.
“What type of pizza would you two like?” she asked, looking up from the notepad.
“I’ll take a pepperoni.” George answered, “what would you like to eat Karl?”

Above the counter was a menu and I looked over all of the options. “I guess I’ll take the vegetarian pizza please.” I said while the waitress scribbled it down on the notepad.
“Okay then you two, that will be ready in around 10 minutes. Do you both want anything to drink while you wait?” She asked, and George told her we’d both just have water.

“So what were you wanting to ask?” George questioned. “You know, before the waitress came over to take our order.”
“Well… I think that I like Nick and Alex but I-I don’t know how to tell them.” I muttered, refusing to meet the brunette’s gaze.

“Really?” He asked. “Well I can’t help you with that.” George said with a shake of his head.
“Why not?” I questioned, my eyebrows furrowing as I watched the brunette with a confused expression. “Why can’t you help me?”

George gave a small sigh. “If you do love them, and you want to ask them out then it has to be all you, you have to speak from the heart and not just read off a script or something. It can make it more difficult but it is how it is.”
I guess that does make sense.

“Well… can you help me brainstorm some things to say at least?” I asked.
“Of course.” George responded, “it is kinda difficult to know what to say, I was so worried that when I asked Clay out he’d say no. Turns out he was planning to ask me out too.”

“Anyway, what are you planning on saying?” George said as he leaned closer as though we were sharing a secret.
I began fumbling through some ideas I had while our pizza was delivered and we began eating.
_________________________________________
1248 words.

This chapter feels kinda weird and pointless but I wanted some ✨bottom bonding✨