Chapter 32: drinking blood

Karl POV.

I was worried that the pair wanted me to drink blood. They said that I was getting so weak that only human blood will be able to help, so does that mean I will be drinking blood from one of them? I hope not, because I could hurt one of them, or I could lose control and go crazy.

They helped me stand up since my head was still feeling fuzzy from a lack of blood, and they brought me into Alex’s bedroom again and laid me on the bed. It felt weird being with them in the bedroom, and reminded me of the last time I was in the bed with someone else.

Besides last night, (if I did actually sleep in the same bed as Nick and Alex since I was still unsure about it) the last time I slept in the same bed with someone was when I was turned into a vampire. Obviously I knew I couldn’t turn into a vampire again but something else could happen, or I might accidently turn Alex and Nick into a vampire and then what?

Then they’ll hate me, that’s what will happen then. I mean, a pair of vampires can’t be vampire hunters, I could make them lose their jobs, their home, their friends. Actually, what am I talking about? They, along with me, will all be caught by the Citadel they work for.

I let out a quiet whimper at the thought, being worried about the pair of them getting hurt or fired because of me. After living with them for a while I have begun to care for them, the same way they care for me.

When I was brought back to attention I was sitting on Alex’s bed and they were standing a few feet away from me and watching me silently. “Karl?” Nick questioned, watching me as I silently began to freak out.

“Are you scared?” He asked worriedly as he walked over to sit beside me, and all I could do was nod in response. Alex followed him to sit on the other side of me.
“What if I hurt you?” I asked him. “Or I accidently turn you into a vampire? You could end up losing your job and it’ll be all my fault.”

The ravenette wrapped his arms around me in a hug and shushed me as I began to cry. Alex did the same from behind me and I felt protected with them holding me. “Calm down Karl.” Alex said quietly. “Nick knows you’ll never hurt him intentionally, and I know that too.”

“But… what if I…” I cut myself off, not wanting to say it.
Nick pulled me impossibly closer, trying to calm me down. “I won’t let you die Karl, even if it means you drinking my blood will turn me into a vampire. Please, I care for you.”

The ravenette cupped my cheek, making me look into his eyes and he gave me a small smile, repeating the word ‘please’ once or twice while I sat in thought. His action made me blush but eventually I gave a worried nod, while still resting my cheek in Nick’s hand.

“I’m not sure… how to um…” I looked away and blushed. My dirty mind kept convincing me that I was going to be doing something else, the way the blush spread over Nick and Alex’s face like a fever made it seem they had the same thought.

“Just… do the basic’s I guess.” Alex said from behind me, “bite the side of his neck and drink or whatever.” He clearly didn’t know what he was talking about and that made all 3 of us laugh. But then the shorter grew more solemn, “we all know you won’t hurt Nick, okay, so don’t worry about that. And if you think you might lose control of yourself then I can get some more silver. Okay?”

I gave a tentative nod and looked back at Nick, who was watching me and trying to hide the fear in his eyes, although it was obvious he had the same fears that I did. We stared at each other for a moment before Alex hit the back of Nick’s shoulder.

“Are you going to offer to let him drink your blood?” He asked, and both the ravenette and I looked over to him confused.
“What are you talking about Q?” Nick asked, and I blushed again.

“I don’t know. Turn your head to the side and let him drink blood I guess…” he turned to look at me. “Is that how it works?”
I shrugged, before looking at Nick. “Alex seems half right.” I stated, before my face went red again. Why did I find this so awkward?

“Are-are you sure you are okay with this?” I questioned, trying to prolong this for as long as possible while watching the ravenette quietly.
Once again Nick nodded and so I leaned closer to him, trying to ignore how awkward it felt.

Slowly, I leaned closer and closer to his neck, soon my lips were mere inches away from his neck and he grew more tense. “Are you certain you want me to do this?” I asked again.
Nick gave a small nod and so after a minute I took a deep breath before biting down on his skin.

I could see Nick clenching his fist from the corner of my eyes, but ignored it as the metallic taste of blood appeared on my tongue. At the taste I suppressed a growl of pleasure, this is what my body had been wanting, and now I had it.

My pupils dilated, and I knew that I was losing control of myself but pushed that concern to the back of my mind, instead preferring to drink blood to replenish my strength. Nick was still uncomfortable but didn’t move, Alex however rested his hand on my shoulder, suggesting I slow down so that I don’t hurt Nick, or myself.

I ignored him, letting out a low growl as I continued to drink. By now both of the vampire hunters seemed to have figured out what was going on, and tried to push me off of Nick but I managed to overpower them and continue to drink. “Karl, stop.” Nick said weakly as he continued to try and push me off despite the awkward angle.

Once again I growled, ignoring him as I continued to drink. Alex had moved over to his drawers beside his bed and began rummaging around for something while the ravenette I was draining of blood, switched between watching him and me.

Suddenly I felt a sharp burning sensation on my back and pulled away from Nick to spin around and see what had attacked me. Alex was there holding something in his hand which seemed to be made of silver.

I let out a whimper when I realised I lost control and looked back at Nick with wide eyes. “I’m sorry.” I stated, immediately pushing myself away from him when I saw the wound on his neck which his hand moved up to cover.

“Shit. This was a terrible idea. I’m so, so sorry.” I spluttered, before running out of the room and going to my own bedroom. I felt bad, how could I have lost control? Nick could have been killed because of me.

Stupid Karl. I scolded myself before heading into the connected bathroom and shutting the door. The moment I knew nobody could come into the room, I slumped down on the tiled floor and began to cry.
_________________________________________
1269 words.

Nice