Chapter 12: the results

Sapnap POV.

“I feel bad.” Alex mumbled, listening to the sound of Karl shutting his bedroom door. “He doesn’t deserve this. We should just let him go.”
“We can’t.” I responded. “Especially not now that the Citadel got George to put a tracker in his neck. They can find him wherever he goes if we do let him go.”

My partner sighed. “Then what can we do? He obviously hates us.”
I sighed, unsure how to respond. For once in his life, Alex was right about something. Karl obviously would hate us for taking him, and I was pissed at myself for suggesting it in the first place, but there was nothing we could do now.

I glanced at the clock on the kitchen wall and saw it was past 11pm, and we had work that we would need to finish tomorrow morning so we should go to bed. Alex seemed to be thinking the same thing since he stood up and turned the TV off.

We walked through the hallway towards our rooms but stopped without words in front of Karl’s room. Both of us just stared at the door for a few minutes. “We should probably apologize to him,” Alex eventually muttered, and I just nodded in response before stepping closer to the door.

I knocked on the door but nobody responded. So I cautiously opened the door and looked into the dark room. The room was, as I just mentioned, dark. The curtains were pulled and it was silent. Inside the only sign of movement was the rise and fall of Karl’s body as he slept on the bed.

Alex and I watched him for a moment before shutting the door. “Maybe we could apologize in the morning,” my partner muttered and I nodded in agreement.
We continued walking towards our rooms and turned to say good night to each other before heading into our rooms.

I shut the door and headed straight into the bathroom to do my teeth before changing out of my clothes. I pulled off my shirt and changed into  some sweatpants before climbing into my bed. I wasn’t feeling that tired and decided instead of trying to sleep I’d go on my phone.

I grabbed one of the phones off of my bedside table and felt grateful that it was my personal phone and not my work one. For a while I just stayed up, my dark room being lit up slightly by my phone and the quiet being disrupted by some of the videos I was watching. I just switched between watching Tiktoks, scrolling through Twitter, and playing some mobile games.

Just as I had turned off my phone and plugged it back in to charge overnight I got a text from Dream on my work phone. I grabbed it and read the text, taking a few minutes to process it with my tired brain.

He told me that George had analysed the blood sample and that Karl hadn’t had any blood related substance in a while, (which I already knew). The text also said that at this rate Karl would only have a few weeks to live, possibly a month and a half. Him saying that caused me to start freaking out.

I tossed the phone away (before immediately regretting it because they are really expensive) and sighed. Why do I care about him so much? Is it because I feel bad? I’m going to go with that even though I feel like it’s something more. Karl is just so nice and undeserving of this.

All of my thoughts of being tired immediately disappeared and I just laid in bed wide awake for the rest of the night thinking about what my best friend had told me.

George POV.

I leaned against the wall of my at home lab, watching as the blood was being analized. This is one of the bigger jobs that I had had in a while and I wanted to make sure it was done right. It was probably close to midnight, but I wasn’t sure because I hadn’t been keeping track of the time.

My hand tapped against the bench impatiently as I waited for the sample to finish. Usually stuff like this got done at work but since I was one of the best scientists there, and since it was quite late, I was allowed to do this at home.

The door opened from behind me and I felt a pair of arms wrap around my back. “Georgie~ when are you coming to bed?”
“In a few minutes Clay,” I responded. “I have work to do.”

“It’s almost midnight and I want cuddles when I sleep.” He whined. “Can’t this wait until tomorrow?” he mumbled as he rested his head on my shoulder to watch what I was doing.
“No it can’t Clay. Go to bed and I’ll be there soon.” I told him.

“Is there anything that I can do to help so I can get cuddles faster?” Clay questioned, watching the machine analysing the blood like I was.
“Well if you can speed the machine up that would be useful.” I told him and he shook his head.

“Sorry Gogy. I am not a god, except when it comes to the bedroom.” I elbowed him in the stomach and he laughed. “Sorry I was kidding.” He said desperately, “I love you.”
I hummed, showing that I had forgiven him. Clay wrapped his arms tighter around me and began kissing the side of my face and neck as a way to entertain himself.

I knew that he wanted me to react, but I didn’t. Instead I kept my focus on the machine, clearly annoying him. His hands made their way under my shirt and began tracing over my skin while he sucked and nipped softly at my neck.

“Don’t do anything stupid Clay,” I warned, and he just hummed in acknowledgement. “If something breaks it will cost a fortune to replace.”
“I’ll be careful.” The blond assured me. His lips trailing up along my jawbone.

I felt like he was going to continue but the machine beeped, causing me to push him away from me. The blond grumbled incoherently. I began examining and reading over the results. Clay tried to read over my shoulder but seemed to struggle.

Eventually I finished and I turned to him. “Can you text Nick please?” I asked, and Clay’s eyebrows furrowed before he nodded.
“What do you want me to say?” he asked as he pulled his work phone out.

“Tell him that it seems Karl hasn’t had any blood related substance in 4 months.” I told him. “If he goes 5 or 6 more weeks without it he will most likely not survive.” I sighed as I said that, and Clay nodded before quickly typing a message out to Nick.

While he finished that I began putting everything away, storing the now analysed blood away securly, before putting all the equipment away and quickly wiping down everything. Then I dropped the cloth I’d been wiping with in the sink.

Before I had even a second to think after that I was lifted up by Clay. He began carrying me out of the laboratory room and upstairs to the main bedroom of my house. All Citadel scientists got their own home with several rooms including an at home laboratory. This is where I live on my own but Clay had been living here secretly for a few months while we’ve been dating.

The blond placed me on the bed and was about to engulf me in a hug before I managed to weave around him and stand up. “You get cuddles in a minute,” I told him. “Just let me get changed first.”

Clay seemed annoyed but gave a nod. “Fine. Be quick or I’ll drag you back here for cuddles naked. But I’d honestly like that more.”
I rolled my eyes at him before grabbing some clothes and disappearing into the bathroom.

It was cute how clingy the blond was, and it always made me smile. I changed into his oversized hoodie and then bundled up my clothes before returning to the bedroom. Clay had been watching the door patiently like an eager puppy, and opened his arms for me as I climbed onto the bed.

We held each other close as he turned the lights off and we fell asleep in each other's arms.
_________________________________________
1409 words

Damn Sapnap, Quackity and Karl need to hurry up and do what Dream and George do. Like I know Karl is less than 2 months away from death and was kidnapped by them, but come on.

Also I made a post earlier today under bio you guys might wanna check out.