Chapter Three

About ten minutes after I got home, I started to think about everything a little more. I don't think I'm overreacting, I think I'm doing what's best for me. A tear escaped my eyes, I miss Austin already. He's my best friend, and I've chosen to forget about him. I hear a faint knock at the door. My bedroom door... I walked over to it, and tried to hide the fact that I'd been crying. I opened it. It revealed Austin. How did he get in here?

"What are you doing here Austin?" I asked.

"Your dad let me in." He said.

I sniffled. "Go away."

"Boo? You've been crying." He said knowingly.

"Just leave me alone." I said.

"Boo. I'm not leaving you. You need me." He said.

Before I could open my mouth to respond, he wrapped his arms around me in a hug. Something about him, being in his arms makes me feel safe, loved, comforted.

"It's okay babe. You don't have to admit anything to me. I know the truth. We shouldn't have put you on blast like that." Austin whispered into my ear.

I nuzzled into his chest. I felt the vibrations of him letting out a small laugh. He'll always be my best friend. I'm crazy for thinking I could get away from him.

"Boo?" Austin questioned, wanting to know if I'm okay.

"Austy?" I responded cutely.

He smiled and looked down at me. He licked his bottom lip. He only does that when he's holding back his feelings. This means that he's consentrating, and trying to not let his urges overcome him. It's funny seeing it. I pushed him away a little. He's no longer hugging me. He gave me a little bit of a hurt look. Why would he be hurt?

"What's wrong?" Austin asked.

"Nothing, why?" I asked.

"Well, you pushed me away. Kind of hard." He said.

Really? I thought I pushed him a little, gentley.

"My bad, I didn't realize how much force it was. I only meant to push you a little." I explained.

"Yeah, but why?" He asked confused.

"I just didn't feel like hugging you anymore." I giggled.

"Oh. Well, thanks." He rolled his eyes.

He wants to cuddle. I can tell. I walked to my door and shut it. Then I walked over to my full size bed and plopped onto it. I patted the spot next to me.

"Cuddle?" I asked.

His face lit up. He showed off his million dollar smile. He jumped at the chance and layed next to me. He put his arms around me.

"See, I knew you couldn't resist me." Austin teased.

"Actually, I asked to cuddle, because I know that's what you wanted." I bit my lip.

I'm horrible.

"All I want is you in my arms, by my side, and to talk to you everyday. That's all I need to get through the day." He kissed my cheek.

I turned to face him, his arms still around me.

"We aren't normal." I giggled.

"Come again?" He asked.

"Best friends definately do not cuddle, and they do not say things like that." I said.

"Well, we're unique and special." He chuckled.

"I know you're special, but me, I'm unique." I giggled.

"You're so cute when you giggle." He smiled.