Chapter Twenty Six

I've been pacing back and forth. Dying to know what he's going to say. Dying to know if I ruined for good this time. This time, it might be over. For good. What the hell?! I shouldn't have even put myself in this position. This is all almost, too much. I need something to distract me... Just then, as if on cue Carter came walking over.

"Mommy?" He questioned.

"Yes?" I asked. 

"Can I talk to Daddy on the screen?" He asked. 

Oh. "Uh, let me ask him..." 

Way to distract me from thinking about him. I pulled out my phone and texted him.

Me: Hey, Carter wants to know if he can talk to you on the "screen"...

Austin: Carter? Or you...? ;) 

Me: Carter asked me.

Austin: K You can skype me babe ;p

I rolled my eyes. But, just a little conversation like that makes me miss him so much. I pulled up Skype on my laptop. In almost an instant he was calling me. Where was Carter at? I clicked accept.

"Hey, I though you said Carter wanted to talk to me." He smirked.

"Hey does, but he ran away from me." I sighed.

"Carter, Daddy's on Skype." I shouted.

In a matter of seconds, Carter was running up to the computer. I smiled. 

"Hi Daddy!" He was excited.

"Hey Buddy." Austin smiled.

"Whatcha' doin'?" Carter asked.

"I'm just working. But, I'm never too busy to talk to you Bud." He said. "What are you doing, Car?"

Awh. Cute.

"I  was chasing Aunt Jackie around the house, but then Mommy told me you were on here...so I decided to come and talk to you." He explained cutely.

Austin chuckled. "Oh yeah, what about Mommy? What's she doing?" 

Carter furrowed his eyebrows. He looked at his father as if it was that obvious.

"She's right there..." He pointed at me.

"I know. What's she doing?" Austin repeated.

"I dunno, but she's been walking back and forth all day. Thinking." Carter blurted out. 

My eyes went wide.

"Oh really? Why is that?" He asked, smirking.

"Ask her." Carter replied. 

"I'm nervous about a call from the doctor." I covered it up.

Phew.

"Lies. You were waiting for my answer. See, that's another thing I love about you, you can't lie for your life." Austin snickered.

"Well, maybe I-Nope, you got me." I can't lie to him. 

It's not possible. 

"I know." He laughed. 

"Daddy, when are you coming home?" Carter interupted. 

"Well, Car...that's not my house, where you live. I live in Florida. You live in Texas." Austin explained.

"But, I want you to come home!" Carter folded his arms. 

"Well, maybe you need to talk to Mommy about that." He looked at me.