Chapter Twenty Three

It's been two months. Two months since Austin left for tour. Two months since we've spoken. He hasn't even called me to talk to Carter. He hasn't called to see how I am with the new baby on the way. We haven't skyped, texted; nothing. I've left numerous messages and everything. He still hasn't responded. I talked to Dave too, he always says that he'll have Austin call. I can't. I just can't do this anymore. Not with my kids. I refuse to have Austin be like my mother was. She didn't care for her kids, and she didn't want to support them. I've made my decision. I'm done. I'm calling Dave one last time.

"Hello?" He picked up on the second ring.

"Dave." I said.

"What's up Mare?" He asked.

"Where can I send papers to if I need to?" I asked. 

He told me where. "Why?"

"I just needed to know. I need to send a few things." I said. 

"Okay, well I'll have Austin cal-"

"-Don't bother." I said.

"But, I figured that sinc-"

"-Just leave it." I said.

"Okay." He sighed.

"Bye Dave." I said. 

Where'd he go? We miss him so much. I actually thought everything was going to be okay. I thought. But, apparently he doesn't care anymore. 

----------------------

"So are you sure this is what you want to do?" My lawyer Lowry asked.

"Yes." I said.

"Okay. Here you go." She handed me a pile of papers. 

I made my way back home. I checked the home phone. I rolled my eyes at the bill collecters. I put ultrasound pictures of the baby in a large envelope. I put a letter I'd written in there as well. As well as the pile of papers. I put a stamp on it and sent it to the address Dave told me to. I called my dad to help me move. I'm moving in with Jackie and Sarah until I can get my own house. I can't be alone while I'm pregnant. 

My dad came after a day of driving. He stacked all Carter and I's belongings into the truck and we're gone. Texas Bound.

----------------------

I arrived at Jackie's the next night. She was extatic to see me. As was Sarah. They showered Carter in kisses and hugs. He knows them as his Aunts'. I smile at the thought. They pretty much died when they found out I was pregnant again. After moving everything I snuggled into bed after Carter fell asleep. I closed my eyes and drifted off. 

----------------------

Austin's P.OV.

"Austin you have a large envelope delivered from your address." Rocco handed it to me. 

I opened it with a sigh. Dave was watching me intently. I pulled out some ultra sound pictures. I smiled as I looked at them. I feel bad that I'm not there. I opened the envelope more and discov ered a pile of papers. I pulled it out. I read the first few pages. My breath hitched in my throat. I was panicking.

"What's wrong Austin?" Dave asked. 

Everyone on the bus was watching me including my mother who had decided to come along. 

"She's taking me to court. She wants a divorce." I said my voice cracking. 

I can't believe this. I feel like I'm going to die. 

"What?" Dave couldn't believe this.

Just as surprised as I am. "It says here that she's taking me for custody too." 

"Oh god." My mom commented. 

"There's no way she's taking my son away from me. Let alone the new baby." I said.

"No of course not." My mom agreed. 

I reached into the envelope and low and behold there was a note.

Dear Austin,

    You haven't called or texted. Skyped, nothing. You didn't even call to talk to your son or see how the baby and I are doing. If you must know I was in the hospital because I was having really bad pains. Which the doctor said wasn't a good sign. Long story short, I love you but this relationship isn't going to work anymore. I won't let you hurt me or Carter anymore. He's constantly telling me, "I miss daddy." "Where'd Daddy go?" I can't let him go through this. I hope you understand why I chose this, I think it's best for you and I. I've moved to Texas with Sarah and Jackie because it's not a good idea to be alone while I'm pregnant. I'm sorry, but I can't keep making myself go through this. I love you. 

I put it down and slumped into the couch. I didn't even realize. She probably thinks I don't love her. I lost track of time and everything has been so hectic. I can't do this. I can't let her do this. I'm not getting divorced. We're working this shit out. I'm calling her. I need to work this shit out. NOW. 

_____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Once again sorry it's not long.