Chapter Sixteen

My body came to a hault. I wanted to continue walking away, but it was like my body had taken over. It wasn't my choice anymore. I stood there, like an idiot. I couldn't turn around. I can't look into his eyes. It will break me into a million pieces. 

"I mean it Mary. Walk away now, and I'm never going to talk to you again. It will hurt me, but I can't hurt myself anymore either." He spoke again.

The tears were gone. I swallowed them up, and kept them back. I need to suck it up and be a woman. I closed my eyes, took a deep breath, and turned around. He and Dave were looking at me intently. Austin looked as though he had just been told that someone died. 

"Don't be like that Austin. You're my best friend, I can't live without talking to you period..." I shook my head.

"I can't be just friends with you Mary. You drive me insane. I love you. You. Only you. You're doing all this shit to me, and all I do is love you. Why? Why are you doing this to me?" He asked.

"Me? Do this to you? Think about what you did to me. No matter what you do I forgive you. Suck it up Austin." I was boiling. 

"I didn't come here to argue with you. You either walk away, and never come back, or you stay. Your call babe." He stood straight and squared his shoulders.

Damn it. Why the fuck is it always me? Damn it! Everything always fucking happens to me! I can't live without him though. He's my best friend. I love him all too much. But, is it enough to just walk away now, or is it too much to stay. I don't know what to do. I'm stuck. He's given me my ultimatem. I'm pretty sure neither of us are going to like my decision. 

"Austin!" I heard Alex shout.

The crew was here. Just in time....Note the sarcasm. Austin didn't move. He remained still looking at me. 

"What's it going to be?" He asked.

I can't keep putting myself. If I stay I know I'll be put through it a million more times. I know what I have to do. My heart just broke. Before I even said it. My heart feels as though it's been ripped out. I held back my tears. I have to be strong. 

I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out. I shut my eyes tightly, and took a deep breath. Say it. I told myself. Just tell him. I know I need to. I walked over to him slowly. He smiled at me his million dollar smile. I kissed him. It was the sweetest kiss I've ever had in my life.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." He smiled.

I stepped back. "I have to go."

I watched his smile fade. I saw a tear roll down his cheek. He shook his head.

"I'm sorry, take care of yourself." I whispered so he could hear me.

I turned around quick on my heels, and grabbed my suit cases. This is the end of us. Of everything that I loved. This is the end of one chapter. I sighed and began to walk away slowly.

"Mary." I heard him call after me.

Don't look back, I told my self. I can't look back. 

"Mary!" He shouted again.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered to myself. 

I kept on walking. Soon I got a one way ticket back to Texas. I did just as I said. I never looked back. I need to be strong. I need to be okay again. 

-----------------------------------------

I got home very late. My dad was utterly confused as to why I was home, but I explained it and then went to bed.